Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i am buying the skyjacker 6" lift, Mickey Thom. Classic II wheels (16X10), and tires. My problem is I do not know which tire I should get. I am deciding between three different ones. All 3 are Super Swamper radial tires. I will be driving the truck on the street about 75% of the time, but I want a good offroad tire too. I usually am in the mud so I need a tire to clean.

Tell me which ones I should get and why. Thanks

1. SS Radial TSL 36.0x14.5R16LT ~$275.95 each
2. SS Radial SSR 37.0x12.5R16LT ~$267.95 each
3. SS Radial Irok 36.0x13.5016LT ~$242.95 each

again thanks for the input
scott
:popc1:

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
my input personally is, none if it is primarily a on road use truck. Im not sure of the wear on Radials, being swamps, they cant be the best. At the price of the tires a piece I would much rather get a tire like the BFG M/Ts that I had when it was my DD. great wear and still good offroad.

lotta guys like the IROKs though. I run TSL/SXs and love them

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I run 35 Maxxis Mudders....pleased so far

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Dunlop mud rovers but I'm not sure about them being that big

·
Registered
48 Posts
SSR's hands down, no contest! i have seen them run 45K miles under a F350 powerstroke. they still grab hard when you need them to.

i run iroks and if you run street more than 25% of the time you are wasting your money.

tsl radials aren't a bad choice but wont last quite as long as your SSR's will

one tire you are missing that may fit your bill would be the ground hawgs, they will last forever on the street but will still clean well with a healthy mill

just a humble educated opinion from a newb :toothless

-cutts-

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran the 36X12.50R16 TSL radials on my 1ton(at the time DD) for three years and they still have enough tread to pull in the mud. Even though they are radials they are loud as hell on the road. I upgraded to bias and they grip better. I would reccomend them to anyone who wants a great mud tire with a radial ride quality.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
what about pro-comp x-terrains? friend of mine ran those awith that same rim and they lasted forever(30K and they still have a lot of tred left). he was mostly a street driver too. and they wheren't as loud as i though they would be. i say was cause that truck got retired to ranch duty.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
william_ace said:
are you stuck on a 16" rim scott?, why not run a 17" rim and get 37 12.5 r 17 mud terrains?
i have thought about the 17's but there are two reasons why i am not getting them, it pushes the price out of my range and i want more rubber than metal. i have heard that the smaller wheel and bigger rubber make for better offroading. plus i like the look of fat tires of the trucks

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
ScottMoore said:
i have thought about the 17's but there are two reasons why i am not getting them, it pushes the price out of my range and i want more rubber than metal. i have heard that the smaller wheel and bigger rubber make for better offroading. plus i like the look of fat tires of the trucks
You have to make sure the rubber is wide enough other wise if you're rough on it, it'll fall off. Trust me it happened the rubber fell off

·
Registered
106 Posts
16.5 rims option and if I remember right I think 16.5 tires are cheaper ( not pos. on that) some are some aren't, depends where you look I quess.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
desertrat_666 said:
16.5 rims option and if I remember right I think 16.5 tires are cheaper ( not pos. on that) some are some aren't, depends where you look I quess.
thought about the 16.5, but mickey thompson does not make it in the classic II wheel with the bolt pattern i need(5on5.5).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from what i gather so far, the iroks will go bald fast. i have heard this from a couple of different people, so i guess i am going to leave them out. so i have to decide between the ssr or the tsl. i am leaning toward the tsl, but i am still not sure.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am open to 15 inch rims. the only reason i am going with the 16in is because i may upgrade the brakes later and may need the extra room. but if i can find a good deal with the 15in rims i will take it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts