Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have the entire underside and inside coated professionally with bed liner. My opinion is its just too hard for a DIY to get the bed liner way up inside the quarter panel.
The outside will have a normal primer, color, clear coat paint job.

So where do I take it first, paint shop or bed Liner?
An why would you do it in that order?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Not had either done professionally, nor DIY.
I'd do liner > paint, only because I wouldn't mind paint overspray on my liner, but I sure as shit would mind liner overspray on my paint.

·
penis
3,320 Posts
I would wheel it first, then paint, then liner then wheel some more, then roll it then rebuild it, then start a thread, then take pics. Wait where is red at he can explain this process better go ask him.

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
I am facing a similar dellima as you. I want to get body work done during my next deployment but also want to coat the entire underside and wrap up the quarter panels. Possibley use the two tone paint line as the start and stop for bedliner. Doing this would elimanate expensive body work on surface rust that is forming along the quarters. Simply seal it in with bedliner . .I am going with Line-X. The dupont color matching can probably color match the lower tan tone pretty good.

Simple answer . . . line it and then get the rest painted as needed. Just my $.02

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Liner then paint. IMHO the liner will have the best chance of sticking to the factory paint then anything else. The way I see it if the bodyshop screws up the paint you won't have that impossible to refinish liner to contend with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts