Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, My Y-pipes and Cats are toast and I need new ones. I removed the Y-pipe today, and got everything ready to be replaced. Im going to order a Bassani Y-pipe W/o Cats (I have my own license sticker and I dont need Cats) Im going to run no cats, but what Should I do with the AIR tube going to the Y-pipe? I wanna keep the smog shit in there just incase I need to add a Cat int he future (for whatever reason), What should I do for now? Wend on a bung for the pipe and connect it as it was???

thanks

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
The Y-pipe without cats already has the connection for the air tube b/c you might want to add an aftermarket cat behind the Y-pipe. I have the 351 Y-pipe and I had the 302 one temporarily b/c they sent the wrong one by accident and they both have the connection so just hook it up and you're good to go. I think there is a pic of it in my Supermotors page(exhaust folder) that might show you where it's located.

·
Registered
656 Posts
what i did on my mustang, where i run no cats, i just got a short belt and kept the smog intact, then when it comes time i just put the origional belt on, and bolt up the cats.

However you have me REALLY interested in how you manage to not need cats in MA.....right now my bronco dosent have one, and my stang dosent have em, and its such a pain to switch em out, and with the stang, its a whole tuning issue with all my mods......tell me about this Holy Grail, err license sticker? thanks man

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Haustkraft said:
Hey Guys, My Y-pipes and Cats are toast and I need new ones. I removed the Y-pipe today, and got everything ready to be replaced. Im going to order a Bassani Y-pipe W/o Cats (I have my own license sticker and I dont need Cats) Im going to run no cats, but what Should I do with the AIR tube going to the Y-pipe? I wanna keep the smog shit in there just incase I need to add a Cat int he future (for whatever reason), What should I do for now? Wend on a bung for the pipe and connect it as it was???

thanks
Unhook the pipe at the diverter valve and put it in the garage in case you decide to put a cat in. If you had the two cat system with the pipe comming in between the two, the aftermarket replacement from Walker replaces them with a single combination cat that has both functions in a single case. The connection is in the side of the cat and they supply an extender so you can use the old air tube.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have (had) the factory two cat system with the tube in between both. Im going to see what the new y-pipe has and keep the tube if I can (thanks RLKBOB) No Cats in Mass? I run the emissions test on my Ranger, lol, and all the info from the Bronco...hehe (dont tell the state lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts