Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
install them in various patterns to make a new firewall!!

Almost done, next is to fiberglass the whole thing to make it even stronger!! (seal it up all the way)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Almost done, next is to fiberglass the whole thing to make it even stronger!! (seal it up all the way)
Fiberglass?

Are you really sure about that? Seems to me fiberglass might be a bit on the flamable side for a firewall.

Companies that make fiberglass bodies usually do them under high pressure and they are sealed.

Just a couple cents towards your saftey.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes just on the inside!! I was thinking it would add a BIT of sound deadining and strengthen it up a bunch more. Even though you can hit it with a hammer and it wont move. Its surprising how thin a firewall actually is. Needless to say its alot more sturdy then it used to be.

Damager... check the Tech section for dash install... there is 3 pages of details!!

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Re: Re: what to do with 101 pop rivets!!(pics)

mda said:
Fiberglass?

Are you really sure about that? Seems to me fiberglass might be a bit on the flamable side for a firewall.

Companies that make fiberglass bodies usually do them under high pressure and they are sealed.

Just a couple cents towards your saftey.
Fiberglass is more flammable in its raw state then when finished, Especially if its finished in a 2 part epoxy type finish. You can also by sheets of fiberglass mixed with Kevlar...So youll literally have a bulletproof firewall.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info... Im going with the bondo kind!!

·
Super Moderator
14,772 Posts
Great work man, you really had to have your s**t screwed on tight to take a shot at this. I'm impressed. :thumbup :thumbup :beer

·
Registered
918 Posts
Like Whoa! :beer You got some skillage in the village there man!!!

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys, its a challenge, but thats why im taking pics and expressing problems and easy ways to get by them...... so other people can have the awsomeness of a metal dash board!!

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All done... all I gotta do is shoot it with some paint

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ended up scrapping the fiberglass idea and went with clear silicone around the seams.

Painted with rubberized undercoating...

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed the fan and heater core today, had a hard time lining up the bolts but finally got it!!

fan box with some foam to filter out stuff

·
Registered
409 Posts
:thumbup
good job

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank ya ma'-am!

·
0 Posts
Good idea scrapping the fiberglass idea.

are you going to use sound dead-ening crap like dyna mat on there?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts