Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What to do with the bronco

• Swap a 95 F350 cab onto the bronco frame, flatbed?

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Swap a 70 F250 cab onto the bronco custom short bed

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Move my drive train and suspension to the same 67-72 F250

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Long story short.. After being without a bronco for a year my ex wife sold me her bronco.. So now I have the big red bronco again.. However it's now mine and I can do whatever I want with it..

I really was only interested in the engine, trans, suspension, axles tires/wheels.. Basically everything except the body..

So now I want to ditch the body of the bronco and do something more "unique" and that way I don't have to have a bronco that looks like the way she wanted it. That and I just like trucks better, :brownbag but love the short wheelbase of the bronco. :thumbup

I have a couple options right now

1) Swap a 95 F350 cab onto the bronco frame, but use my front fenders/hood/grill and then have some kind of flatbed setup in the back.

2) Swap a 67-72 F250 cab onto the bronco frame and then shorten the bed and put behind the cab.. So have a super short wheelbase F250

3) Move my drive train and suspension to the same 67-72 F250

I like either option 2 or 3 cause then I don't have to worry about california smog ever again..

So ya.. what do you guys think

·
JEEP CREEP
2,503 Posts
i vote option 2. i love the look of that year truck and think a super short bed would look pretty cool. or maybe even that year with some cool looking little flat bed on it.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm thinking.. I have the opportunity to get one pretty much for nothing and my buddy said he'll help me do everything.. I was doing a lot of looking at to fix my frame where the trackbar broke it, the best thing would be to remove the front clip and the motor.. Plus the engine needs a rear main seal and the trans needs a front main seal.. =)

Only real problem we can think of is the steering, The steering box is on the inside of my frame and in those trucks they are outside I believe.. That and wiring up the whole dash to make it function right.. Which in itself shouldn't be that hard.. Just gotta take my time and do it right..

So if I do this I'd be selling off the body parts from my bronco. lol. Except the tailgate.. my buddy wants it...

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh.. the best part about the F250.. There's not a straight piece on it and it's orange..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that right there sold me on the idea, and its easier than swapping a drivetrain...
That's not to hard to swap,

However I think it's easier to make some cab mounts then it would be to move everything over..

I'll see if I can run over there again today and snap some pics with my blackberry. =)

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
I say do the older F250 front and cab and then build a flatbed for the back. I think that would be the tits.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ow and spectre i found you a "smog guy" he ownes a bronco.
Hmmm.. I wonder who you mean.. :toothless

I'm so tired of smogging this bronco.. It has no cats now and I don't want to have to worry about putting them back on.

I took pics of the F250.. As soon as I get them off the g/f's camera I'll post em up..

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
sell it

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
thats right, no one would buy it. Take it to the crusher for scrap. :goodfinge

you get that psd running right?

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats right, no one would buy it. Take it to the crusher for scrap. :goodfinge

you get that psd running right?
Well I'm going to be trading the bronco tub for the f250 cab and bed.. (from a scrap guy) lol So you are correct of it going to the crusher.. :histerica

PSD.. I had ordered a Pedal assembly and CPS just to rule out it being as problem cause of the testing I did with you)

heh.. Here's my post I made today about it on another forum.

Update:

My pedal assembly and cps shipped out yesterday. ETA is Wednesday..

Last night I was driving and my Service engine soon light came on.. Stayed on for about 10 miles then went off.. Came back on during the drive home.. Tested it this morning and came up with code P0122.

P0122 = TPS. TPS is fixed by replacing the pedal assembly.

So hopefully my hesitating and jerking was a TPS going out but not bad enough to throw a code until now.. Which it would make sense.. While my buddy was backing my truck out of his driveway you could it hit hesitating/jerking a lot worse then normal.

Will keep everyone updated!

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you want unique make a bronco out of the 70's ford body. It would be really cool if you could make one of the tops work..... just my two cents

1 - 20 of 67 Posts