Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bronco has been in my family for years. My father bought it used 8 yrs agao and has mildly modified it. He put a 2 in sky jacker lift kit and 1.5 in homemeade body lift. I was wondering which lift kit i should run? I was debating between a 6 in Skyjacker Class 2 or a 6 in BDS Class 2 Lift. I was also planning on running a 3 in body lift.which lift kit is stronger the BDs or sky jacker? I have already installed lockers front and rear. A 3 inch exhaust with an electronic exhaust cut out. where can i find a soft top for my bronco? Is the conversion to mass air worth the money or can I make decent power upgrades down the line. I plan on installing a 427 Windsor stroker under the hood with a kennebell supercharger. Thes mods will happen as time allows. I am waiting for my truck to arrive here in Hawaii, unfortunately the trasportationwill take a month.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Start out by trying the Search function it works really well. I've never heard of a 427 windsor stroker. What size tires do you plan on running?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to run 37s x 12.50 mud terrains. this truck is gonna be used as a tow vehicle, and a friday night cruiser. i am not afraid of breakage. I have put this vehicle throught tons of abuse. it has been mud bogged, rock crawled, jumped, and run through the california desert. i plan on deaver rear springs, and a 6" front lift.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Well with plans to run 37's you will need 4.56's or 4.88 gears minimum. If you plan on wheelin it hard a 1-ton drivetrain would be recommended but several guys here run 37's on stock drivetrain components. What size tires do you have now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts