Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what be some good front/rear axles to pull from Ford cars and trucks at a junk yard. I'm a converted GM man so I haven't really learned what the Holy Grails of Ford axles/differentials are. There are a few very large u-pick junk yards close by(I go more than I should)and once a month or so they have 50% off. Thanks!

J

·
Registered
202 Posts
D60's. Kingpins are choice. Ball joints are second. and there's also unit hub balljoint setups. Which are the least popular.

14 bolts- just as sought after as sterlings

sterlings - 10.25 most sought after. 10.5, next but usually comes with the unit hub front 60 to match.

D44's - Ford only, reverse rotation high pinion

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,078 Posts
Ford van power steering pump bracket for the saginaw pump swap.

Info links here:
Steering -Saginaw Swap & Pumps
1-saginaw swap. plug ugly
2-Install Completed!! Saginaw Powersteering Pump Rebuild Not 56K!! jermil01
3-saginaw pumps bossind -With pics of pumps & brackets.
4-Saginaw Pump II by Boss. bossind
5-All info i know about the saginaw swap and the pumps. BadassBronco
6-100% bolt-up saginaw pump Ditch Baby (nascarfreak88) -More part numbers in posts 223 & 226 (Page 12), & step by step info by foxbravo in post 235.
7-Saginaw P/S Reservoir -Remote reservoir source.
8-Saginaw Pump - With OBA... Question? Dave's Bronc 90 gives the part number for a GM remote resevoir sag pump that fits the Ford van bracket in post 11.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been reading about the P/S pump swaps from ford to saginaw. What is the advantage of using a saginaw pump?

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
for you're '95 bronco, you could get a 9" rear end (from any 80-85ish bronco or f150), which is a bolt in swap (except for VSS if you need that). it's a good upgrade from you're 8.8 and the lug pattern will match you're rims and everything.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,078 Posts
I have been reading about the P/S pump swaps from ford to saginaw. What is the advantage of using a saginaw pump?
Much less noise, far easier to turn. It's my favorite change so far. I hated the old steering pump's growl. It made my truck sound like an Aerostar.

for you're '95 bronco, you could get a 9" rear end (from any 80-85ish bronco or f150), which is a bolt in swap (except for VSS if you need that). it's a good upgrade from you're 8.8 and the lug pattern will match you're rims and everything.
In a 95, don't you need the VSS for the speedo, ABS, & the trans to shift right? If it's the stock auto trans, I think you do.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Much less noise, far easier to turn. It's my favorite change so far. I hated the old steering pump's growl. It made my truck sound like an Aerostar.

In a 95, don't you need the VSS for the speedo, ABS, & the trans to shift right? If it's the stock auto trans, I think you do.

that's why i mentioned the VSS if he needs it. although from what i've gathered reading on here (there are threads on it) there is a trans (or t-case) mounted VSS replacement you can get to fix the problem here.

·
penis
3,320 Posts
RUST FREE tailgates Older toploader trannies with granny gears, Power window switches for tailgate, If you find a lightning I will buy the speedo cluster off of you, look for BKOs with remote tranny filters, headers if you can find em Superduty front bumpers, Lights, interior trim pieces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts