Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a drag racer at heart, but saw a '79 Bronco with a 9" lift on 38.5" swampers for a $1000 and couldn't resist. But I should have known that it was too good to be true. First time out the rear ring gear decentigrated as far from civilization as i could be. $800 later, (and a front axle shaft that was missing originally) i got back out and the engine blows smoke like a chimney.

The question is this - Being the poor college kid that I am, do I:

a) save it for another year 'til I graduate

b) keep it up for sale at $1750

c) Find somehow to fix the wounded engine

d) none of the above

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.:thumbup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Texas Coast

I'd keep it! But then, I hardly ever get rid of anything. I know of someone who might be interested if you decide to sell. I also know of someone who may still have a 79 F-series for parts.
Are you on the island, or mainland GC?
I'm in the Clear Lake area and have a place down by the bay.
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the coast

Well it's still on the Houston Craigslist under the title " 1979 bronco mud rig". I would really like to keep it, but it just doesn't seem like a realistic option right now. I can barely buy groceries, hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on the island, but the truck is back home in Rosenberg... If you know of a buyer, tell him about it...

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
i think i'd put it up on here and on craigslist for $1750, and if anyone buys it then good and if they don't then i guess you're sortof stuck with it! it sounds like a cool rig- i'd sortof like to see some pics. i'm bad at getting rid of things, so maybe my advice is bad, but dang sounds like that would be a sweet ride if you got the motor fixed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts