Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a detroit tru trac. worm gear setup. so she has no clutches to wear out. and it spins both tires even when one leaves the ground with a little brake pressure.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
85f150 said:
ok just didn't want you to have a prob with those expesive gears....:)
\
After it's broken in, switch over to what I use in my Bronco's axles; Mopar high performance fully synthetic 75W90.

I get it as cheap at the dealer as I do at a jobber and it's incredible stuff. I'm on good terms with my Ford parts guy, but I find the Mopar fluids as good or better and one third of the price of the Ford fluids(in most cases).

You can feel the lack of rolling resistance, so it's gotta help mileage a little too. It's great for cold weather too.

Sixlitre

p.s./
To answer your question, it's usually 85W90 in organic, non-synthetic gear oil, but ask that limited slip manufacturer. Never give in to Chevy terminology as it's spreading plague that should be stopped in automotive speak. Posi is for them, not us. Mopars use SureGrip, and honestly I'm too new to Ford{or too old to remember} to know their proper term for limited slip.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually all of them are limited slip diff's. posi i know is GM's name. Trak loc is ford. Dodge also has a Trak loc i believe. but mine is not a factory unit. factory units run clutches. mine is all gears. the book said use what ever the factory reccomends. and i didnt know what that was.
i ended up with 80-90w. gonna change it in like 1000 miles i think. to make sure she isnt grinding any metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.