Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 79 ranger xlt, and I just bought new 33" BFG Mudterraines for it. There are 31 inch all terraines on it now with factory wheels. No lift. All stock. What wheels should I put on it to make sure that there is no rubbing, and that would be my best bet for general use, ans well as hard off roading? What backspace, offset, steal or aluminum, etc. Got to get wheels this week. Know the best place to get them?

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
The cheap bastard in me says... Your current wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Borther checked under the truck while I cut the wheel all the way with the 31s on it. He doesn't now shit about trucks, it was probably something else. I don't know alot either. Radius arm maybe? I don't know. That's why I'm here. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
anything steel! if you are serious about playing offroad the aluminum may pose a problem if you come down on a rock hard or lean the bronco over on a rock you can easily chip/break wheels. with the steelies just pull the tire off and bend it back!

you can even buy chrome spray paint to make them look bling :toothless

-cutts-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chrome?!?!?!?!? Nah... Baby Shit Green or Mud Brown splatter paint with a brush ...Maybe. LOL. Seriously though...I'm more concerned with backspacing, offset, and rubbing than anything... It's looking like I'm going with the factory wheels, judging from the few responses that I've gotten. Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts