Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
2,095 Posts
Troller/Bronco

Well this might be interesting. its already built and being sold in Brazil, so it wouldn't be hard to do it here.

·
2,095 Posts
3 Broncos in 2020?

Here's a new Idea Really? 3 Broncos in 2020? A Fullsize 2 door and 4 door, Plus a smaller B2 version. Watch and listen to what this guy has to say.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
that's cool but it's still just a bunch of speculation.

on a related note:
i wonder how much money has been made by people regurgitating the same concepts over and over again, as well as pumping out the click-bait articles with artist renderings. i doubt there's an easy metric to find on that. but seriously, for the last 2 years almost every bit of info has been the same thing:

1) discuss possibilities and opinions on engine, but no one knows
2) discuss possibilities and opinions on transmission, but no one knows
3) discuss possibilities and opinions on how many doors, but no one knows
4) discuss possibilities and opinions on the styling, but no one knows
5) discuss possibilities and opinions on the top coming off, but no one knows
6) now the new twist - discuss possibilities and opinions on multiple sizes, but no one knows

ford hasn't said shit so there has been basically no new information but somehow people continue to make videos and articles discussing nothing but speculation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it will be something like this!
I like that one a lot. If there's a full size 2 door I'll highly consider it. My first vehicle ever was a 1990 Eddie Bauer Bronco. Been a diehard fan ever since!! That said I had a 1998 bronco, then moved on to explorer of which I owned 3! My last being a 2002, that ole girl hit 315K miles original motor and transmission!! I went to trade her in back in 2013 and Ford no longer put a V8 in the explorer. I reluctantly ended my days of having a Ford daily driver :-(

Have to admit I went to the grand Cherokee with the 5.7. No complaints, I'm on my second one of those (I rack up miles on cars very fast 35-40k+ a year).

My point being I want to see a full size 2 door bronco with a V8!!! I would likely buy one! However, I'm not optimistic since they don't even put a V8 in the expedition or Raptor any longer. It's a sad day for American muscle.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had a guy, or I think he was a guy. Last week walk up to my 89. Talking about how he has a 2020 on order now. And had paid $23,000. over MSRP to place an Order. Asked him if he had any ideal what it would be? His answer with his Man bun. No does not matter I want the first one around here. No matter what color or type.
His Dad owns a few Ford Dealerships. And he could get an order in before anyone else.. I smiled told him that was nice.
Got in and drove off my old Bronco. While he got in his new Corvette.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
That's not an attempt to revive the blazer. That just reused the name for whatever their next SUV was going to be
That's how I felt about the Dodge Charger when they revived that nameplate.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My 96 is my "new" Bronco. Hell its my newest vehicle. I daily my 66 and when I hop in the 96 it feels like a damn spaceship.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Had a guy, or I think he was a guy. Last week walk up to my 89. Talking about how he has a 2020 on order now. And had paid $23,000. over MSRP to place an Order. Asked him if he had any ideal what it would be? His answer with his Man bun. No does not matter I want the first one around here. No matter what color or type.
His Dad owns a few Ford Dealerships. And he could get an order in before anyone else.. I smiled told him that was nice.
Got in and drove off my old Bronco. While he got in his new Corvette.
I was right on the money on the man bun

·
Registered
666 Posts
That's not an attempt to revive the blazer. That just reused the name for whatever their next SUV was going to be
and from what im seeing it isn't much of a success they aren't selling very well. gm really needs to do some house cleaning on there design department. the cars are bland looking and very dull and the newest trucks are prob the ugliest of all pickups on the road. Chrysler is the only car company at moment that is getting everything right with there builds. prob the reason rams are selling so hot excellent styling performance and the price point is a lot better then the others. kia is sneaking up on the market real hot too. has been for about 10 years. i can see kia just coming out of nowhere with a fullsize truck and suv and killing the truck market. the market is full of people who love nostalgia, tough, and perfomance. charger wrangler ram trucks from Chrysler, the kias i mentioned have some of the really hot sedans that really fast and lastly neither is overpriced for what you get on top of that. ford is really coming into the market too but they kinda hmm hauled around for a few years.

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
I gotta say Kia and Dodge are cheap that’s why there everywhere, nothing new there. Remember the PT cruiser what a POS, cheap and ugly is the pretense there. The only Dodge product I am at all interested in is a wrangler as they just plain killed the Cherokee with a complete beheading. I was laughing my ass of at the flaming Kias on the news the other day, couldn’t happen to a nicer car LOL. The only reason I like the wrangler is it has utility purpose and it kinda resembles a Jeep, if ford had bought out Jeep then it would be a perfect world as far as that goes. So what is an old cranky fart to do? Guess keep my old stuff running, I used to like the Land Cruiser and Land Rover but those were also casterated and are unic tardian vehicles now. Maybe I should just drive my 78 Bronco and have a 53 Dodge M-37 as a pickup and that’s it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I gotta say Kia and Dodge are cheap that’s why there everywhere, nothing new there. Remember the PT cruiser what a POS, cheap and ugly is the pretense there. The only Dodge product I am at all interested in is a wrangler as they just plain killed the Cherokee with a complete beheading. I was laughing my ass of at the flaming Kias on the news the other day, couldn’t happen to a nicer car LOL. The only reason I like the wrangler is it has utility purpose and it kinda resembles a Jeep, if ford had bought out Jeep then it would be a perfect world as far as that goes. So what is an old cranky fart to do? Guess keep my old stuff running, I used to like the Land Cruiser and Land Rover but those were also casterated and are unic tardian vehicles now. Maybe I should just drive my 78 Bronco and have a 53 Dodge M-37 as a pickup and that’s it.
I have a ‘neighbor ‘ about ten miles away with 3 or 4 old M-37’s out rusting away in his field, thinking of trying to buy and build one of those for a toy...SOO much to know about the 218 and 230 flatheads...and the 5.38 gearing and two gallons per mile...😳

·
Registered
666 Posts
honestly ive had a kia and a hyundia and my dad has a kia. best cars we have ever had. as for dodge im talking in recent years last pt was what 2008? we have chargers as police cars and they hold up about as good as the old crown vic. the few Taurus we had and the caprices in recent years did not. I will say the explorers are doing pretty good. the dodge trucks we have for the wildlife units do great. we had one Durango in the state but idk what happened with it due to it being at another post. the tahoes the k9s have as always last forever. truck wise we had the most issues with the fords :shrug: now the crown vic nothing compares to it but the charger is as close as you can get.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts