Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
People who have more money than sense like soccer moms and owners of corporations. The initial order rush will drive the price up beyond sticker then when they get bored they will become trade ins. Same for the Gladiator, insane first production prices for the yuppie crowd that just have to have one. Who will be driving the new Bronco, people you never see as they do not blend well with commoners.
I'm glad I was able to buy my FSB prior to them coming out. Was worried if I couldn't find one that wasn't trashed before then they'd skyrocket in price. As for the Gladiator... this is the no flame zone right because I'm a long time Jeep owner too! I'd consider buying the Gladiator in that diesel motor they have talked about with the 6sp manual. Cant hardly find a truck anymore with a manual... I love my little YJ and the 4.0 has plenty of getup but no AC is a killer for the "daily driver" so it's relegated to playing. Who knows though, now that I've got my Bronco, no real need to pay 40-50k for a new "daily driver." Just put it into parts for the Bronco!

·
Premium Member
34,507 Posts
As for the Gladiator... this is the no flame zone right because I'm a long time Jeep owner too!
sorry 'bout yer bad luck. :goodfinge no, this is NOT the flame free zone. ;)

Who knows though, now that I've got my Bronco, no real need to pay 40-50k for a new "daily driver." Just put it into parts for the Bronco!
A solid choice the vast majority of us would encourage. :thumbup

Hello. My name's Pepe` and I'm a Bronco-haulic. :toothless

·
Eric
2,407 Posts
Just looked up the Jeep Gladiator. Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ..... that is the worst job of integrating a new component I have ever seen.

Potential Jeep owner: "There's not enough room in a Jeep to load up any kind of serious gear."

Jeep design team: "Okay engineers, here's what we do: just add a truck bed to the back of the Jeep. Done."

Jeep engineers: "Man, we've got a sweet gig. We'll have this knocked out by lunch."

Jeep Corp.: "Nailed it. This'll be more appealing to our male demographic. Men like trucks, right?"

Me: *takes rear seat out of Bronco and loads gear* "Done. Nailed it."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just looked up the Jeep Gladiator. Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ..... that is the worst job of integrating a new component I have ever seen.

Potential Jeep owner: "There's not enough room in a Jeep to load up any kind of serious gear."

Jeep design team: "Okay engineers, here's what we do: just add a truck bed to the back of the Jeep. Done."

Jeep engineers: "Man, we've got a sweet gig. We'll have this knocked out by lunch."

Jeep Corp.: "Nailed it. This'll be more appealing to our male demographic. Men like trucks, right?"

Me: *takes rear seat out of Bronco and loads gear* "Done. Nailed it."
... You're not wrong. The only things appealing to me about it in the long run were the diesel engine (though I still don't know enough about that particular engine to say anything) and the manual tranny...

Oh well I landed on the right side of the fence anyway. Now If I could just figure out why my #@&^%# radius arm bushings are so much thicker than the trashed ones that came off!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts