Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. I'm on my third warn hub (driver's side) the other two got chewed up, for one reason or another. Probably too much water in them. This last time I replaced the hub and spindle. Needle bearings were shot in the spindle, and the bearings in the hub, inner and outer. So what gives? Is the something wrong with the axle shaft or something else. I have not been wheeling since I r&r'd the current hub. I have not had any problems with the passenger side hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
my only guess is that when you are wheeling, and you have an open front end, if im not mistaken, all the torque is going to the drivers side wheel when i 4wd for one reason or another. i blew both of my stock auto hubs up at nearly the same time trying to use my brakes as a sort of locker and get the other axle to spin after i snapped the first one, it workt, and i blew the other, plus an axleshaft. good luck

wes

·
College User
2,020 Posts
If they are not put back together right they will exlplode when engaged, but I dont thing that is your problem. Get them fixed before Oct.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Alan, that would be cool if you could bring those if you head up this way. Oscar. I'm thinking you may be right with your diagnosis, the shaft could very well be bent..I'm going to see about getting another one this weekend, just to be on the safe side. Don't worry gobucs..I'll have it squared away by October.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts