Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetically, if you were going to cut out all of your floorboards and firewall, what would you change? Plexiglass in the firewall? Lip at the bottom of the door so you can run doorless legally? Access to under floor storage? Floor mods to accept a boatside? Larger removable tranny tunnel?

I know this isn't the most exciting modification ever, but I'd like to know what you guys have thought of, or seen in other peoples rigs. Of if you have had any of those "I wish I had ____" moments.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think clear floorboards would be pretty awesome so you could see what you were driving over.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The Von said:
I think clear floorboards would be pretty awesome so you could see what you were driving over.
Ya that would help with clearing rocks and trees and stuff!!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Some kind of provision/ducting/chase

to allow A/C or heat to the back seats faster and more efficiently ?

Definately more under floor storage. Possibly accessible from the sides as you open your door. Being able to stuff a whole high jack straight under would be nice.

What about an in-floor resonance chamber for your down-firing subs ?

Sixlitre

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
yeah, forget the firewall, other than chopping it up a little higher where like the ebrake cable runs and stuf so you could run more tire with less lift 9also requires front core support changes).

Clear floor boards would be sweet, as well as the lip to run door less. then you could just run a tube to keep you in/be your arm rest and cup holder, and be good to go. I like the space of a fullsize, so narrowing the passenger area would suck IMO, but the rest can be tapered like you already have. lexan wheel wells would be cool too.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
plug ugly said:
yeah, forget the firewall, other than chopping it up a little higher where like the ebrake cable runs and stuf so you could run more tire with less lift 9also requires front core support changes).

Clear floor boards would be sweet, as well as the lip to run door less. then you could just run a tube to keep you in/be your arm rest and cup holder, and be good to go. I like the space of a fullsize, so narrowing the passenger area would suck IMO, but the rest can be tapered like you already have. lexan wheel wells would be cool too.

i moved my front axle forward quite a bit, so i dont think im gonna hit the firewall. my second body mount it moved from stock, a couple inches farther away from normal. my core support is gone, and im going to tie it into a tube bent up to hold the radiator.

the tricky part about the lexan firewall/floor is where the firewall meets the floor under the e brake, multiple layers of metal there, plus a body mount. ill see what i can do. i think when i boatside it i will be able to incorporate a lip, so i can run doorless.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i would say a lip to run doorless and a bigger tranny access panel cause mine never seem to be big enough.

And as long as it doesnt hang below the frame some uder storage would be sweet if you need more room or if you had to lock stuff up when doorless.

Clear floor would be sweet but im not sure if its worth the work.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
so you are gonna boatside it huh? What about just putting some lexan panles in the floor instead of replacing the whole floor. Work around the tougher areas basically.

I am VERY interested to see how you are gonna do the front. Please share the pics. I am trying to figure out how to funcionally fit 42's without any more lift. Want to tube the front sorta the same way you are talking I think (a la jeep stuff where the flat fender it, with a bar that goes all the way around the front, replacing the core support) But I lack the ingenuity to figure out how to make it work. How are you gonna work the headlights, or is this definately a trailer queen? I wanna keep mine street "legal" or at least not get hassled to bad.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
plug ugly said:
so you are gonna boatside it huh? What about just putting some lexan panles in the floor instead of replacing the whole floor. Work around the tougher areas basically.

I am VERY interested to see how you are gonna do the front. Please share the pics. I am trying to figure out how to funcionally fit 42's without any more lift. Want to tube the front sorta the same way you are talking I think (a la jeep stuff where the flat fender it, with a bar that goes all the way around the front, replacing the core support) But I lack the ingenuity to figure out how to make it work. How are you gonna work the headlights, or is this definately a trailer queen? I wanna keep mine street "legal" or at least not get hassled to bad.

my core support isnt completely gone, just everything that hangs below the radiator. so its still pretty rigid. im going to bend a hoop that goes from frame rail to frame rail to hold my radiator. then with some creative bracketry, i am going to tie the core support and front body mount into the hoop. ill probably end up running tube from the hoop and thru the firewall to the cage as well, and that will give me something to tie fenders and headlights into if they arent strong enough, but i think they will be fine.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
If all you ever do is rock-crawl, how about replacing the floor with catwalk mesh?

It'd suck in the mud, though.

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
I would like to see door inserts like the EB's.

The Von said:

From the pics of some the girls you posted you'd have guys wanting to check under your truck everywhere you go. :toothless

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
SquattyD said:
ill probably end up running tube from the hoop and thru the firewall to the cage as well, and that will give me something to tie fenders and headlights into if they arent strong enough, but i think they will be fine.

gotcha. i was gonna run it down to my sliders instead of through the firewall, and tehn run a spread over the cowling or through the motor compartment somehow. Its all just about how to attach headlights, rad. etc. Batteries will be going in the back.

post up pics when you are done man, help a brutha out

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
sewiv said:
If all you ever do is rock-crawl, how about replacing the floor with catwalk mesh?

It'd suck in the mud, though.
lots of dust and shit would get through there, not to mention lots of heat.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
plug ugly said:
gotcha. i was gonna run it down to my sliders instead of through the firewall, and tehn run a spread over the cowling or through the motor compartment somehow. Its all just about how to attach headlights, rad. etc. Batteries will be going in the back.

post up pics when you are done man, help a brutha out
thats an idea. i like bringing it down to the slider, or in my case, the boatside portion of the slider.

im going to get started in 2 weeks, and i will be working on it for the next 5 weeks after that. hopefully i can get everything done that i have planned out.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
NM

EDIT: I'd install stainless steel for a replacement. I'm so sick of rust.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Drain plugs, drain plugs, and uhhh.... drain plugs! At every low spot. That way you can run doorless in mud or water and just pull the plugs after you're done...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts