Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a supervisor at a condo resort here in Park City. My Gm likes me been there for 4 months, received a significant raise about a month ago. Problem is we have a front desk employee who we THINK is stealing.

For example this last summer before I was hired money was taken from the safe. My boss thought it was from the old supervisor but we are now connecting the dots.

Two months ago commision money from transportation/ski rentals disappeared on her shift.

Last week I had a scarf and 2 really nice wine glasses i received as a tip, left in my bosses office, I came back that night on her shift since I forgot them, and they were gone. I questioned her she studdered, tuned red, and i said yeah the scarf was black and white she goes "ummmm ahhhhh I think i gave it to a guest" You think? new she was lying then. She then said ARE YOU MISSING ANYTHING ELSE? I ignored her walked out. Told my Gm and head of maintenance all new scarf would appear 2 glasses wouldnt. Lol and behold scarf appeared glasses still missing...

Come Yesterday John Paul Dejoria (owner of Paul Mitchell and Patron) left a case of patron along with misc stuff (oxygen water/monster energy drinks) and made it clear he wanted it split evenly, and gave it to this employee. We never recieved any...Patron guy called wanting to know if we received it and we didnt....by the way shew an alcohlic who my boss sees everynight passing by the bar, and shes known to over draft her account every paycheck.

We did inventory of our wine/whiskey/etc if we have problematic guests we sign them out and give it to them, Wow what do you knoe a think of Jack Daniels and Jim Beam is missing.

A couple weeks ago, we noticed random items missing from the Maintenance closest (tools, showerheads, etc) My boss changed the lock and only gave me a key, head of manitneance an him. What do you know the theft stopped..

Heres my problem, everyone hates her...shes a B!tch..not one person likes her...But my boss has no balls...He says HR wont fire her even though she has 2 write ups (3 write ups to be terminated) she easily had 10 easy right ups in the last month (tardiness, dress code, etc). He makes excuses everyday...like we need her its busy (realty its dead), we dont have enough proof (what proof? she should be fired just on her everyday tardiness and not wearing the comapny outfit), etc

I have finally had enough after last night...here are my options

I think Im going to ask for a 2$ hr raise and her to be fired to stay if not its not worth...Damage has been done...If he fired her over a month ago would of not cared...but to me hes showing he has no balls to stand up to HR/ and Stick up for all of his employees. Im going to get a job just in case if I do decide to go down that route

My leading way is go back to college and go to Eugene, OR. Attend Lane CC finish my basics and transfer to the U of O. My buddy owns a store at the mall, and my uncle owns a hot tub business so I could work at both.

Im also looking at Asst Manager jobs in Oregon (portland, oregon coast area).

What woukld you do? College is very important plan to go back this summer...love it in Park City but refuse to go to U of U or BYU. Can go to a small school for a little up here but cant get a 4 year degree there. Problem is if I do move and quit I risk losing a opportunity in 1-2 years for a front office manager and another 2-3 years from there a GM Postion in the company (70K+ yr), but is it worth working for a company that I feel has no integrity to there employess especially as a serious crime as stealing?

Opinions?

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Tell her security cameras have been installed by corporate and only they know the locations.

Is she hot? Get her drunk, go back to her place and bang the hell out of her. Once she falls asleep look for your stuff and steal it back.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
Tell her security cameras have been installed by corporate and only they know the locations.

Is she hot? Get her drunk, go back to her place and bang the hell out of her. Once she falls asleep look for your stuff and steal it back.
why the hell does that matter? :toothless

·
I ♥ TTB
4,278 Posts
I don't have a ton of advise, but we (Batteries Plus) are always looking for experienced people to work for us. We have stores in Eugene, Salem, and Portland in our franchise group. You're welcome to apply if you move out here...

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts

Better yet, tell her she has been caught on video and your turning in the video or she can quite and avoid the criminal charges and from being fired.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's internet law: whenever discussing a female one needs to ask, and if the answer is yes, request pics. :popc1:
If your into 31 year olds who wear tight dresses with her fat rolls showing that live at home go for it.....:duh:cry

In honesty, the cash only missing was in total of 100$ but we changed the password, and didnt give it to her, solved the problem

I just went off on my GM, he actually just left to talk to HR...He got the point, we are going to have a face tommrow..Sounds like shes done

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
maybe your boss is poking her on the side? women like this stoop to that level most of the time. i would just keep yourself focused on YOURSELF and not worry about other employee's or how the company is running the show. if the money is good i would just keep your mouth shut, she will eventaully get her's, they all do.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
maybe your boss is poking her on the side? women like this stoop to that level most of the time.
They do? I'm a boss......... I must be doing something wrong... :banghead

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
They do? I'm a boss......... I must be doing something wrong... :banghead
my EX wife worked in a high class type hotel yrs ago, there was a a guy that she had an ongoing affair that stayed at the hotel every few weeks due to his job. i might know a bit from my experince.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
i would just keep yourself focused on YOURSELF and not worry about other employee's or how the company is running the show. if the money is good i would just keep your mouth shut, she will eventaully get her's, they all do.
I agree here. IF you really want to go back to school - go. If this chick is the only reason you would leave....screw that. If I could push 70K plus no low rent hoe is gonna push me out. I wouldn't leave unless I wanted too. I've seen the bad apples come and go...they do get there's. My agency is getting rid of another one in 2 weeks... :thumbup

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Your manager is clearly either getting some, or getting a cut. There's no other reason to protect her like that. I'd go around him at this point.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree here. IF you really want to go back to school - go. If this chick is the only reason you would leave....screw that. If I could push 70K plus no low rent hoe is gonna push me out. I wouldn't leave unless I wanted too. I've seen the bad apples come and go...they do get there's. My agency is getting rid of another one in 2 weeks... :thumbup

Its probably 7 years or so, I think a college education would definately help make it go faster. VP of my company (our comapny runs 20+ properties) really likes me, so that help. President is out of like florida we have properties in Florida, Oregon, Hawaii, Cabo, SC, Colorado, Cali, etc..so possibly also internal transfer. Im just not sure if i want to do hospitality, Im very good with people, but almost would rather make more money doing sales of some sort...I guess only time will tell

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
the only way to really confirm is to catch the bitch in the act, or install cameras. most companies today have cameras anywhere cash is being handled. if not, they suffer the consequences.

i loved working at a hotel in nyc back in my early 20's. worked at the front desk and met a lot of interesting people. the pay was actually pretty good too. you can make alot of money in resort management, i'd stick with it.

good luck with your decision, and your career :beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I could tell you how I woulda handled it when I worked security for a fortune 200 company, but you should have your own security, right?
They won't like being left out of the loop on this...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts