Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

what do y'all think i should do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in an ever present mission to piss money into the pig i am considering a few options for the rear end. the bronco is getting retired from daily driver status at the end of the summer and will be streetable, and registered, but just for wheelin. i will also mention that i am planning on doing a d60 sas in a few weeks. i am anticipating the installation of 38's up from the current 35's. the new c6 is sitting in my uncles garage at the moment, which get the treatment and install in late spring.

1. build the 8.8 with gears, lockers, axles and trusses
2. swap in a 10.25 sterling
3. option for suggestions

·
Registered
231 Posts
with 38's Im going to vote dana 60 or sterling for strength doing whatever you plan on doing with it. Personally I'd go dana 60, but thats just because i have one.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
d60 with lockers

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
im gunna have to vote for rockwells. might as well just go all out and not worry about it ever again

no really though just anything but the 8.8. a D60/70, 10.25, 14 bolt they will all do the job. but remember if you go 14 bolt you can scoop up a detroit cheaper just ake sure it doesn't have gov lock.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Found these at ocal4sale.com
If you are interested let me know and i will give you the full number. Also i will be coming down to Tampa in the next couple of weeks so i could pick it up and bring it down there with me
I think you would be better off going with a D70

For sale ford f-250 rear end 411 gears good condition $275.00 call or email Bob Call: 407-***-****

1977 dana 70 rear with springs 4:10 $275.00 firm price. and a big block 460 $350.00 Call: 352-***-****

1 - 10 of 10 Posts