Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife is letting me get one of these a 4" lift kit and new 33" tires or a winch bumber and a winch. For a lift kit I've been lookin at a Tuff Country kit through http://www.suspentionconnection.com/. Has anybody ever ordered through these guys and if so how good are they? For tires I've been lookin at Kumho Venture MT. Is anybody running these and if so how are they? I don't know where to go to get a winch bumber so if anyone knows of a place let me know. For a winch I've been lookin at a Warn Winch. Which do yall think I should go with? I hate making tuff decisions like this. :shrug

:drinkbud http://fullsizebronco.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3030 :beer

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
tuff country is an ok lift ive never heard any bad stories about them but then again i dont know many people who have one. Those tires you mentioned i have never heard of so i have no idea sorry but i know BFGoodrich makes some good mudterrains + they come with the "if your stuck anywhere we will send a tow truck out policy". About the bumper i say get a warn bumper those are good like the transformer bumper also mile marker has some great winches for a way better price than warn and they are good winches. Also you can look into an ARB bumper those are great too. Personaly i would go with the lift just because it gives you good off road abilities and will also make your truck stand out. So good luck and ask some more questions if your still unsure :thumbup

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was thinking about too was goin with the lift but I still don't know for sure. A lift would definatly give Blackjack a whole new look but so would a new winch bumber. I'll have to think about it for a while or just flip a coin. About the tires I found those on www.tirerack.com. They seem to have good reviews. I did'nt know BF had a if you get stuck policy. Must be the fine print I never read. Thanks :shrug :thumbup

·
College User
2,026 Posts
I have a if my truck get stuck it needs to be pulled out policy, but never heard of the other policy. :shrug

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have a 4" tuff country lift. its about 8 or 9 years old. rides really good. all the brackets were really stout, and fit well. when i bought mine, they didnt make extended radius arms. so i dont have as great of travel as i should. but other than that, i'm pretty happy with it. other than its 4" not 6"
i woudl look into new rear springs, or a shackle flip for the rear lift. they sent me add a leafs, i put them in, and took them out the same day. they sucked. i tryed 2.5" blocks next. took them out too. i have a shackle flip now. i think its gonna stay. i'm happy with it. do a search on "shackle flip" there is a lot of info on it.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
for a lift kit, i would go with Dick Cepek, Rancho, Pro Comp, or Sky Jacker there brackets are all beefier than the others i've seen and they don't reuse the factory drivers side bracket. make sure to get extended radius arms.

so service will depend solely upon safe tow truck access to the scene as determined by the service provider.
like the dude from AAA is going to come get you out of some huge ass bog.....

if you get a Mile Marker, you will more than likely need to upgrade to a Saginaw steering pump; the stock pump blows.

there are much better thing to spend your money on than a winch and big bumper thats gonna snag on shit. get a 60" high lift, a 30,000 lb tow strap, some chain, and a come along. you'd be much better off spending that bumper money on a locker or other traction device.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ya i'm with andy, a nice 30 ft tow strap, come along, and a high jack will get you out of just about anything that a winch would (note, just about lol), and i think you'd be happier with the lift and tires in the long run...

oh, and if you read far enough into that "pull you out of anything plan", anything that exceeds 60 dollars you have to pay for, which is just about ANY tow job, especially one that has to come back on some trails, shit, i've heard of people spending upwards of 200-300 dollars to have a tow truck pull them out, so your out 140-240 bucks still, but i guess its a cool concept, and if i was planning on getting those tires anyway would be an added bonus, but definitly not a decision maker on which tire to buy...

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
JHew84 said:

oh, and if you read far enough into that "pull you out of anything plan", anything that exceeds 60 dollars you have to pay for, which is just about ANY tow job, especially one that has to come back on some trails, shit, i've heard of people spending upwards of 200-300 dollars to have a tow truck pull them out, so your out 140-240 bucks still, but i guess its a cool concept, and if i was planning on getting those tires anyway would be an added bonus, but definitly not a decision maker on which tire to buy...
ya, $60 doesn tgo far. the one wrecker where we get our big trucks inspected for liscene charges $400 to move his truck from the yard, then about $200 an hour to get you out. but he says they are glad to see him when they come since they are so hoplessy screwed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts