Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't tell me to search because i already have and I found almost everything i need except one thing I wasn't able to find? (I couldn't search Pirate due to works site filter so please no references there)

What year vans had a d60 rear with the toner in the axle?
thanks yall sorry if yall have talked about this but i searched "dana 60 rear vss" and had no luck. this is as an option for my vss rear axle truck that needs speedo... (yes I'm leaning towards 10.25 but i want to research all my options)

anyone know this answer? thanks for all helpful advice

Beau

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I want to say that I saw in a thread 91 up..?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Saurian said:
I want to say that I saw in a thread 91 up..?
Yea, it's gonna be like that.

Beau, if you decide D60, you can pick one up far more easily....any D60 from a Ford truck, say 78-79 will do you. That's what I used. A spicer toner is $8, and presses right on most newer lockers (my detroit in back was equipped to accept it). A hole drilled carefully up top, and it's been perfect. It's a bit more time consuming, but if you can't find a newer one that you can confirm is not a 61, this is certainly an option.

more pics here:
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=628&s=23277#content

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
1992 and up Econoline rear axles are Dana 60's and Dana 70's and have a RABS sensor.The Dana 61's were used in the early to mid 80's in the F250-F350's until the 10.25's were put in in 1985 or 1986.I don't know what year that the Econolines first had RABS sensor in the rear diff.I'm not sure when/if the the Econolines had Dana 61's.Also note the the 1998 and newer E350's had rear disc brakes.If any body has any additional info,feel free to add or correct as necessary.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
bronco1 said:
1992 and up Econoline rear axles are Dana 60's and Dana 70's and have a RABS sensor.The Dana 61's were used in the early to mid 80's in the F250-F350's until the 10.25's were put in in 1985 or 1986.I don't know what year that the Econolines first had RABS sensor in the rear diff.I'm not sure when/if the the Econolines had Dana 61's.Also note the the 1998 and newer E350's had rear disc brakes.If any body has any additional info,feel free to add or correct as necessary.
i think you have some of these reversed. AFAIK, 250's and 350's never had a 61, it was only the vans that had them. i KNOW some dually 350s had 70's, there are a couple rolling around here in ocala. so it should probably be that 80-85/6 F-250's had 60s, along with some 350s, with the majority of 350s having 70s. then comes along the 10.25. now i do still see plenty of E-250/350s with what looks like a 60 or 70 out back, and those should have the VSS in them

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The 61's came in the F250's and F350's.My 1984 F250 has a 61 in it,factory original,also the same rear end as the F350's.Confirmed by the Ford parts list at the dealer.;)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Shadofax said:
Yea, it's gonna be like that.

Beau, if you decide D60, you can pick one up far more easily....any D60 from a Ford truck, say 78-79 will do you. That's what I used. A spicer toner is $8, and presses right on most newer lockers (my detroit in back was equipped to accept it). A hole drilled carefully up top, and it's been perfect. It's a bit more time consuming, but if you can't find a newer one that you can confirm is not a 61, this is certainly an option.

more pics here:
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=628&s=23277#content

you got any more pics on were the hole is up top the d60 rear diff and how to install the toner splicer??? as i am researching on doing a d60 front & rear axle swap on my 93 next summer.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
amm drizz, did you look at the photo i posted? you can see the green sharpie line i marked for reference. i mounted mine ~1" from the lip, and about ~1/2" from the left side of the "plateau" on top. i got my specs from shadowfax :beer:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i am reaveiwing them more thourghly as this is very intersting when i start my d60 sas with d60 rear.

i have axles from a 79 f250 heavy duty plow truck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts