Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I were walking out of WalMart the other day and we passed by a FSB that was parked just down from mine and she stopped and was looking at it. Niether one of us could quite make it out but there was something different about it until it dawned on me.

The side rear windows were open. I know the toppers are pretty interchangeable and I think this Bronco was around a 90's, it looked pretty much like my 92 otherwise. But I couldn't tell her what year that topper came from, I just knew it was an older model.

·
Redneck Romeo
1,810 Posts
I couldn't tell you what years came with sliders, but I can tell you that LMC Truck sells aftermarket sliders -- with screens, IIRC. If/when I put my hard top back on this year, I'm seriously considering a pair.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I can tell you that the '81 I bought back in '94 had them. I dont know for sure if they were original to that truck, as i was the 2nd owner, but they were Ford windows.

I still have the windows, just waiting till I find the right truck to put them on

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read through a few threads and there was some mention about power sliding windows. Anyone know anything about that?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ouch, just looked up the sliders on LMC truck. $430 dollars. It would be nice to have them, but not 500 bucks nice... Something to keep my eyes out for whenever I see an old bronco dead in a field.

I keep wanting to get an old top someplace and start hacking on it. cheap sliding windows out of an old camper top (plywood to take up any extra space), make a good folding or sliding sunroof, stick a camper top rear window on it so it is easier to get in and out of.

You could do all kinds of stuff with it. I had a fella supposed to bring me one for $25 bucks, of course he never showed up though.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
I had the on my 90 bronco. They were an option you could get from the factory and there was the after market ones.
Mine were CR Lawrence sliders.
They really made a big diff as far as comfort go's for the kids in the back seat. You can just barely see where the split is in the window.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111560

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, those are nice sliders. how well did they seal in bad weather?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
You mean bad weather like this... Never had a problem with them at all. the only time any water came in is when i would hit the window hard with the water washing it.
IMG_0182.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, so that's snow huh?:rofl: I've heard of it before, read stories, even seen it a couple of times on TV. One of my neighbors from up north told me about it this past year when our temps actually hit below 30 for a couple of hours this past winter.;)

·
Forward Some Money
5,050 Posts
I installed a set of the LMCs in my '89. I like them a lot, and the dog likes them more. The only probelm I have with them is reaching around the seat and rollbar to open them. But it's not that big of a deal. Worth the $$ and effort.

If you look in the tech section I did a write up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i was wondering what walmart you where at i have a topper with slider and i live in inverness, fl. i love mine, by the way it came of of an 85

·
Registered
72 Posts
as stated it was an option...i wish mine had a set...gonna be on the hunt now..know a bronco down the street has them

·
Registered
226 Posts
i need to find a place that sells the runners/weather striping and one window lock

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
No where does that i know of, You need to find something that you can make work.

·
Registered
331 Posts
LMC Bronco Body Side Sliding Window Set 1980-96 $429.95 part no. 49-9301

PG 13 in the ford truck & bronco 2010 spring edition...

1-800-LMC-TRUCK

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was wondering what walmart you where at i have a topper with slider and i live in inverness, fl. i love mine, by the way it came of of an 85
This was over in Lakeland on the North side. It was a well worn Black Bronco that we saw it on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts