Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me an idea about weight and shipping costs? Who to use, Forward Air? Zip 38654 to Zip 49866

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is BadAss shipping entire D60 front ends from Chicago to Fla for 160ish? :shrug What is that, close to 600lbs?:banghead

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Forard air
they dont really care about wieght from what i have seen. just overall size and to where its going.
of course if i would have sold an axle i didnt make so much off of, i would have charged about a $40 crating/dropping off fee.
the axle has to be completly boxed in......

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried plugging in approximate weight and dimensions at their website and it fired back with 262.00, hell no!!:mad:

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
makemeknowit said:
I tried plugging in approximate weight and dimensions at their website and it fired back with 262.00, hell no!!:mad:
you have to CALL them

i was quoted $254 for mine, came out to $166 when i sent it, i sent the guy his extra $ back.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
How much does an 8.8 weigh? UPS does up to 150 lbs. 80x12x12" (is that about right?) ground would be $101

Tim

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
if you strip the shafts, and gears out, you could probably get it down to 150. otherwise i really doubt it......
its bigger than 12x12 with the shafts in it. th edrums are liek 13", plus dealing with the pinion....

·
Registered
262 Posts
BadassBronco said:
if you strip the shafts, and gears out, you could probably get it down to 150. otherwise i really doubt it......
its bigger than 12x12 with the shafts in it. th edrums are liek 13", plus dealing with the pinion....
I didn't know about the weight but you are right about the pinion. Oh well I like UPS, just thought I would throw it out there.

Tim

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Forward Air, told them 85x16x16, 200 lbs, they told me $75.00.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts