Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well I did it on my truck, didnt work at all.... still is 10-20mph off. I did everything it said.. any ideas? I did find out my truck came from overseas.... So if that may explain anything to help me fix mine id' apreciate it!

·
Banned
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nf88
That's what it says. :shrug

MS92
That's a worthless post. "I did everything..." doesn't tell us anything about what you did, most importantly WHY you're trying to mess with your speedo. Put your truck's specifics in your profile, especially a brief list of any mods. Judging by your sig line & your avatar, your speedo should be correct. THEN tell us step-by-step what you did & what happened, including any relevant details. What's your current lockout count?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well, first things first I held the reset and turned the key and let it do the full sweep and found out it had been done 3 times before and also that it came from overseas. After I did that I grounded the wire, did it again and the CAL never flashed. The truck is basically stock except for some cooling things done/added to it. And it has 31s (Yes I know everyone says their stock) but my speedo is at 10-20MPH off when driving. I didnt know if maybe my gear was shot or what. Thanks for the help steve :D

·
Banned
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve83 said:
...if you press Select while viewing the conversion constant, "CAL" will flash & the constant will decrease by 0.01. Press the Select button to continue decreasing the constant by 0.01 each time. When the constant reaches 5.00, it goes back to 11.00 .
Steve83 said:
Put your truck's specifics in your profile... What's your current lockout count?
:popc1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Steve,

Sorry on the mixup on the name. I grounded the PSOM input then held the reset button while turning the ignition to on. The speedo needle swept and I got the initial display showing the rev and that I had six changes left. When I hit reset again, it displayed the current constant value. I checked your chart and it had the value for a 235 tire. This was the stock tire when I bought it new in 95. The cal was not flashing. I tried pressing select to see if the value would change, but it did not. Am I missing something?

Thanks

95 XLT 351W E4OD 31X10.50 198000 mi engine and trans rebuilt at 194000

·
Banned
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you could see the constant, then it was in programming mode. But if neither button would make it flash, then the correct wire wasn't grounded. The dash shell & structure are plastic, so use the cigar lighter housing or antenna cable shield as a solid ground point.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,814 Posts
Steve83 said:
nf88
That's what it says. :shrug

is said <b>some</b> of the bigger axles had the differant tooth count, didnt know of any other axles with the tone ring... just double checking :thumbup

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
Steve,

Once again, I owe you one. I just finally reprogrammed my Bronco for the first time since putting 35's on it in July. Heck, it's had 33's since April so I've been mis-calibrated all this time. Sure is nice to once again have an accurate speedo!! :thumbup

I kind of freaked a bit when I saw the "6" on the screen because I was thinking it'd been changed 6 times and I'd be out of luck....not to mention driving a truck that's apparently had the mileage "altered" a number of times. I was relieved to then re-read the instructions only to see that this number will count down after being re-calibrated. Whew!! ;)

Thanks again, Steve! :beer

Tommy

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Yes you can.

And the nice thing about the truespeed is you can program it for different sets of tires. So if you have a summer set and a winter set, or street tires and mud tires, you can switch it back and forth to whatever tire you have on there.

·
Banned
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You'd have to be careful about how & where you wire in an aftermarket adjustment since the 4WABS uses an UNconverted speed signal. So wiring it up wrong might cause some unwanted ABS activity.

It's much cheaper & easier to just swap in another PSOM, but how are you going to use up 6 changes???

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
You'd have to be careful about how & where you wire in an aftermarket adjustment since the 4WABS uses an UNconverted speed signal. So wiring it up wrong might cause some unwanted ABS activity.
I never had any problem with it. I don't know how it works, but it says the signal is corrected at its source and everything that works off the speed signal will be correct

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,814 Posts
well ive already gone through 2 of them... the 1st time hit the wrong button *doh* and its currently set for the 33"s and once im done with my sas ill have to figure out my 38.5s, and hopefully this time next year ill be on 42s or 44s. Plus im considering a set of street tires to make long hauls in... i dont know if they make them that big

i dont have 4wabs, only rear, which pretty much sucks anyway.

·
Banned
11,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...it says the signal is corrected at its source and everything that works off the speed signal will be correct
Great. But if you're adjusting the REAR signal, it won't match the FRONT signals, which could cause the 4WABS to get confused about how fast the truck is going, and what to do if something starts to lock up.

nascarfreak88
Of course, this only applies to 4WABS. It almost doesn't matter on others.

·
Registered
534 Posts
How do I figure this out if I have NO idea what my stock tire size was.

When I purchased my truck used it had 31's on it and seemed about right...now it has 33's and the largest I will EVER go is 35's.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts