Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever use these two companys shifters? Im leading towards the hurst v-matic 2 CLICK HERE for details. Or the B+M mega shifter CLICK HERE for the details on that one. The hurst has a lifetime warrenty and the B&M has a one year. The hurst can be used as a rachet shifter and a gate shifter but the b+m is only a rachet shifter. Im not real familer with the rachet type so I like the fact that i can switch the hurst around if i need to. Its going in my tough truck bronco cuz the shifter on the couloum took a dump. So when i build the cage i will just incorparte a mount for the shifter too. Which do you think is better?

Thanks

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
I have a never used Megashifter I'll sell to you for $80 plus shipping if you want it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmmmm damn im leaning towards the hurst though. After talking to some other people the mega shifter is a pain in the butt becasue, say you want to slam into reverse real quick you cant becasue you have to ratchet through the gears to get it into reverse..................................... damn damn damn thats a good deal too. would ya take 70 plus shipping :brownbag

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
muddinmike said:
hmmmmmmm damn im leaning towards the hurst though. After talking to some other people the mega shifter is a pain in the butt becasue, say you want to slam into reverse real quick you cant becasue you have to ratchet through the gears to get it into reverse..................................... damn damn damn thats a good deal too. would ya take 70 plus shipping :brownbag
Sure.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
muddinmike said:
do you have the model number from the box?
The box should have a number on it. I'll check on it when I get home later tonight. It's the universal shifter. I'm not sure if you can use it with an E4OD. You'd have to ask Fireguy about that. It seems to me that you could for 1,2, and D, but you would still need to push the button to turn off O/D.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the mega shifter takes some extra brackets for the e-40d. and there are a few different models numbers for the th-400 and th-350 then the one for the c-4 and c-6 and a bunch of other trannies. I just want to make sure you have the shifter i need before i fork over 70 bucks. If ya know what i mean............... I bought a set of coils off here that the guy swore fit a 79 bronco........... guess what they dont fit. they go on a van or something stupid like that, so now im out 85 bux.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
The model number is 80690. It's supposed to work with any 3 speed automatic, plus some overdrives.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I've got a Megashifter in my 81' and love it. The ratchet action is nice--one never has to worry about missing a gear--which is nice on the trail. Reverse lock-out is a plus.

BTW--The shifter has to be in drive in order to shift into reverse or park, although it might sound like it could be a PITA, it's actually very easy to live with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts