Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, unofficially, summer is over; so what's everybody doing for the last big weekend?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Going to Canada about 2 hours north of Toronto to see the wife's family. Used to have to drive to the Thunder Bay Area at the top of Lake Superior to see them this is much closer LOL.
Then it's come home and get the kids ready for school.
My in-laws live in a maple syrup farm so it's nice we come home and fresh maple syrup

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Just realizing summer is wrapping up and I've still got a long list of to-do's that haven't gotten ta-done. :brownbag
What about you Joe? You can't just toss it out there without your end man. That's just creepy. :toothless :goodfinge

I have gotten a lot more riding in this year though. :rockon

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Can't believe summer's about gone :cry

I've got a line on some Ford white spoke wagon wheels w/black center caps I'll probably look at Sat...

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
Going to see FGL and Caanan Smith in concert while drinking a beer or ten:brownbag

Then, enjoying weather thats not a balmy 95 degrees with air thick enough to choke a bear.

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just realizing summer is wrapping up and I've still got a long list of to-do's that haven't gotten ta-done. :brownbag
What about you Joe? You can't just toss it out there without your end man. That's just creepy. :toothless :goodfinge

I have gotten a lot more riding in this year though. :rockon
Well, I had some time off at work to "use it or lose it", so getting out early (10:00 am). I only get to see my dad once a week on Saturday mornings (for breakfast) since I started w/ the Sheriff's department 3.5 years ago, so going to meet him for lunch. Keep in mind that I worked side by side with this man my entire life, so looking forward to it; he going to be 88 in three weeks. Still drives, walks on his own and is in great shape, my friends don't believe how old he is. :thumbup
I know he's not going to be around for ever and these opportunities won't last forever and this will make him, hell, both of us happy.

Then I planned on taking the '57 out to Halifax for a car show afterwards. I haven't been all summer and my friends keep asking me to go, so it's a good hour away by the back roads and it's going to be a really nice day.
:ford

But.....
A friend of ours contracted EEE and passed away, so the wake is tomorrow afternoon only, so ...priorities.

That stuff is crazy, she was diagnosed and gone in 3 days.... :cry

Wife works Saturday, so I'll probably work on my buddy's car, then see what the rest of the weekend brings. :whiteflag

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
i need to work on my project bronco that is really starting to drag along. a local junk yard is running 1/2 off everything so i'd like to see if i can pick up a couple parts to resell. on sept 1 the state of texas allows micro breweries to sell beer at the brewery (we could only buy from retailers before) so i'm going to hit up a couple of my favorite spots. i need to mow the yard. i have a small project for my mom's friend that requires some of my hack welding skillz and will take a couple hours to complete. my fantasy football draft is saturday night. this is the last season for the current stadium for the texas rangers and there are only like 2 home stands left, so i might catch a game.

and at some point i probably should try to relax.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
But.....
A friend of ours contracted EEE and passed away, so the wake is tomorrow afternoon only, so ...priorities.
That stuff is crazy, she was diagnosed and gone in 3 days.... :cry
Enjoy that time with your Pop buddy. You never know when the click runs out, so I make an effort to make sure everyone knows how I feel about them.
Speaking of... condolences for your friend with the EEE. Saw that on the news last night and was thinking about our east coast FSB fam. Keep the OFF nearby.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts