Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Enjoy that time with your Pop buddy. You never know when the click runs out, so I make an effort to make sure everyone knows how I feel about them.
Speaking of... condolences for your friend with the EEE. Saw that on the news last night and was thinking about our east coast FSB fam. Keep the OFF nearby.
Thanks Bud, coming from you, that means a lot, and much appreciated.

As far as the EEE, goes, she literally lived 6 streets over from us. Tragic , needles, loss.

Off?, understatement. We live on a peninsula surrounded by marsh. Mosquitoes come here for holiday. :banghead

·
Registered
561 Posts
Working this weekend..... hopefully not much going on. If I get a chance, I would like to plough or till my garden spot, or possibly install a trailer connector to our Bronco.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
Ever since my heart problem, and having to quit working to go on disability, I've just been so damned cash-poor, I can't even pay attention. So the last three years, a triple-screen drive-in theater has retro double features, but I've never been able to afford to go...until now! This weekend, Friday through Sunday, they're having Terminator and Terminator 2, and God has smiled on me this weekend with the ability to go Saturday night to see this. So as long as I can keep Satan from spoiling the fun, I'm going to the drive-in!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Heading to Lancaster, PA to see family. I'm going to hit a couple of U-Pull Yards nearby while I'm here. They just got a couple of F-150's. I think I overpacked with tools, my tool bag weighs like 200 pounds, better to be safe than sorry..
Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend!

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
Get there early so's you get a cart/wheelbarrow. My tools don't weigh that much, but I have two bags, two small 1/4" drive socket sets, an HF battery-powered rattle gun, and an HF 1/2" drive 25" breaker bar. Funny thing, the breaker bar hardly gets used for its intended purpose, but almost always gets used....

·
Registered
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m, C6
75 Posts
Got a four day weekend by accident. Our new bid starts on sept 1 and my weekends changed, so my old and new days off butted up against each other, so I got Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,565 Posts
Well--Mathmatically my "Summer" was over some time in Early May. I have a long list of must do "stuff" that time is quickly running out on getting done.
I hope to finish painting the old house and keep plugging away at installing the heating system on the new place. Hoping that I dont get to take the folks to Mayo next week...but the possibility is still there. Neither one of them can do the 8 hour one way drive in a day anymore.

Things could be worse and I'm not complaining. I could be traveling, sitting in traffic with all the other folks getting in the last hurrah for the "summer".

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yard work... took my son off to college last weekend. Haven’t cut the grass in years!

Meanwhile, it’s awful quiet around here...

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,195 Posts
Handy_andy_cv64;7240100. So as long as I can keep Satan from spoiling the fun said:
I'm jealous ... Love the drive-in. Unfortunately most of them have closed around here unless u want to drive almost an hour away :frown2:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yard work... took my son off to college last weekend. Haven’t cut the grass in years!

Meanwhile, it’s awful quiet around here...
I'm sorry @Want2BS8ed totally know how u feel cept mine went to Parris island :usa:

Amazing how quiet it gets, even with a 14yo still in the house. Hope ur boy is reasonably close so y'all can see each other more often then not. Mine was just relocated to San Diego :frown2: boots in the house before he deploys again in 2020 is gonna be rare :frown2:

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm with ya @67galax , will be whipping up a huge pot of Venison Chili; I won't be brewing any beer, but I might doing my part to help keep JD in business.

HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE! (Yes, even you @rhino5oh ) :beer

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm sorry @Want2BS8ed totally know how u feel cept mine went to Parris island :usa:

Amazing how quiet it gets, even with a 14yo still in the house. Hope ur boy is reasonably close so y'all can see each other more often then not. Mine was just relocated to San Diego :frown2: boots in the house before he deploys again in 2020 is gonna be rare :frown2:

Yeah, God blessed us with only one and we felt fortunate for that. Good kid to. Eagle Scout, awesome grades, earned a spot at a top tier school. Pretty much has it one sock.

...still damn quiet around here.

Props to your boy (and husband) for their service and you for your sacrifice - what the family gives up is often forgotten and I’m hugely grateful for what y’all have done (and will do!).

I'm cooking ribs tomorrow. Maybe I'll brew some beer.
Now we are talking! Never done it, but always wanted to fire the smoker up on a brew day. Love both!

Extract or all grain?

·
Premium Member
1996 Bronco XLT, 351W / ZF5 (under construction) 1996 F150 XLT, 351W/E4OD, D44 SAS
1,203 Posts
Extract or all grain?
I've been doing all grain since my 3rd ever batch. Just seemed like the way it should be done. I'll occasionally do an extract batch if the weather is bad and really really want to brew something.

One thing I've never done is a 'wild fermentation'. The sack of malt I was going to use today is supposed to be a 'session farmhouse ale' so I figured I'd just boil and leave it outside overnight and see if anything starts growing on its own. Not sure how much the time of year effects the wild yeasts floating around in the air, whether spring/summer/fall is better.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yeah, God blessed us with only one and we felt fortunate for that. Good kid to. Eagle Scout, awesome grades, earned a spot at a top tier school. Pretty much has it one sock.

...still damn quiet around here.

Props to your boy (and husband) for their service and you for your sacrifice - what the family gives up is often forgotten and I’m hugely grateful for what y’all have done (and will do!).
Thanks @Want2BS8ed I think i would have lost my mind if I didn't have #2 here after #1 left so I can only imagine how you feel. And people wonder why I have 5 dogs. Make things a lil more wild :histerica your boy sounds like a real good guy. He's gonna do great things I'm sure :thumbup

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 68 Posts