Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've been doing all grain since my 3rd ever batch. Just seemed like the way it should be done. I'll occasionally do an extract batch if the weather is bad and really really want to brew something.

One thing I've never done is a 'wild fermentation'. The sack of malt I was going to use today is supposed to be a 'session farmhouse ale' so I figured I'd just boil and leave it outside overnight and see if anything starts growing on its own. Not sure how much the time of year effects the wild yeasts floating around in the air, whether spring/summer/fall is better.

Awesome. Takes way longer, but all grains the way to go. Solved the bad weather thing a couple of years ago and went electric. Couldn’t justify $1k for a stainless steel hood so I bought a $16 galvanized tub at Tractor Supply instead...

No thing of beauty, but man it works!

Never done a wild fermentation. I know Allagash up in Portland, ME put in a coolship ( https://www.allagash.com/coolship/?ao_confirm) and have been experimenting with it. Sounds interesting though, you will have to let us know how it turns out.

That reminds me, @BroncoMom, sent the boy off to college with the appropriate skill set... sophomore science fair project was the effect of temperature on brewing yeast and fermentation!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Fixing the ham radio antenna at the father-in-law's

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
^ Quite the view and an awesome pic!

I was at my buddies shop on the island a few months ago and the wind was honking and it looked like the sky was going to explode; there is a radio antenna right there on the property and this guy gets out of his truck with another guy and starts climbing....

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
That's nuts. It was dead calm here but after getting to the top it was swaying. Glad I had the event holding me while I worked

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Now that the work is done and the weekend is over it is downtime

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Now that the work is done and the weekend is over it is downtime

:thumbup

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welp, I had plans to do some big renovations, then the back spasms started. I have scoliosis and every once in a while I'll lock up. Bloody hell:madder

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,195 Posts
Welp, I had plans to do some big renovations, then the back spasms started. I have scoliosis and every once in a while I'll lock up. Bloody hell:madder
That stinks :frown2: ever try a good cbd oil? I have a gf with lots of back issues and fibromyalgia and it really helps her a lot.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,195 Posts
BroncMom, I have not, but will do so when I am clear to do so (I am retired from the USAF 28 September!)
Nice. Thank u for your years of service @broncosarge77 :usa
Most regular cbd oil is thc free unless ur in a thc legal state like California, Colorado, Washington state, there u have the option, with our without higher thc content.. most cbd are less that 0.03% thc content so they don't interfere with piss tests. When you're ready to look into it check out a brand called pinnacle
https://pinnaclehemp.com
I know it works well. A senior friend of mine was able to get his bed ridden wife off all her narcotic pain killers using it. If u have any questions about it feel free to message me. Happy to answer any questions u might have about how cbd can help.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
551 Posts
Traveled to Illinois to see my oldest married. That happens Friday. Saturday, back on the road to Az.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,893 Posts
Fixing the ham radio antenna at the father-in-law's
Wish I had the money to put up a tower like that. The lil' lady recently paid for a 40 ft. mast, a big spool of guy wire and a 100 mile OTA Digital TV antenna for me to install against the house, so we can eventually drop the damn Direct TV over-priced bs and go with something like Sling and OTA, combined with an Air TV unit or something similar. May as well take full advantage of this fiber-optic I've got plumbed to the house, out here in the boonies.

On rare occasions, we can get nearly 70 mph winds across these mountain plains I live on. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'd be doing and installing a 40 ft., slide/collapsible metal mast against the center peak of my double-wide and trying to secure it with "guy wire", something I never even knew the name of before... is intimidating me. :doh0715:

I'd start a thread on it but I'm not sure if anyone even knows wtf I'm talking about. :whiteflag :goodfinge

That's what I should have been doing over Labor Day Weekend. :shrug

·
Eric
2,579 Posts
There's an "end" of summer?

Is this like that "snow" thing I keep hearing you guys talk about?

Pfff….. "seasons"... utterly deceptive twaddle-speak says I.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts