Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, ever since i bought my '92 i have had an issue with the steering wheel.. it doesn't affect my driving but it would be nice to fix the problem. It seems like the wheel is loose.. when i say loose i mean if i push up on it then it moves up and if i let it go it falls back down.. it isnt anything with the tilt wheel but its more like right where the actual wheel meets the column.. is there some type of bolt there that needs to be tightened? HELP PLEASE!

Much Appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
On the backside of the steering wheel there should be two screws. They are at an odd angle so take care to to strip the heads. Remove the screws and take the front cover/horn switch assembly out of the way. That will reveal the bolt that holds the wheel to the steering shaft. If that is not loose then something is mucked up in the tilt mechanism.

Reply back with results :)

Kyle

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Mine is loose also, I diagnose the problem with repetitive removal done improperly that the splines are worn out in the wheel. I have aboout 1/8-1/4" play in the wheel, I can grip the wheel and rock it on the column.

I borrow a steering wheel from a another ford and to figure that one out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.