Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you have seen my post about the recent Hip Replacement and Knee Surgery that I have had within the last 4 months.Well been having some pain in my shouler as of late and its gotten worse!Went to see the Dr.today and know I've got a jacked up Rotator Cuff... :banghead Since I'm already in Rehab for the Knee and Hip,Dr.wants me to try therapy on the Shoulder now.. :duh If that dont work he said it could lead to more Surgery.I was supposed to get to go back to work around the 1st of March,but now Doc says maybe the end of March thats if Therapy helps?

This has me really bummed.I'm only 31 with both hips replaced,knee surgery 3 times,2 on the left,1 on the right and now this shit...When the hell is it gonna end? :whiteflag Sorry for my bitch fit,if anybody has had a Rotator Cuff surgery please speak up and let me know whats in store...Thanks Folks!!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Sorry to hear dude...
My ex-mother-in-law had that, and it sucked for her...lot's of rehab...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
pain.

i had multiple tears in my right rotator cuff, bone spurs, tendon and muscle damage and a 4½ hour arthroscopic surgery that didn't fix shit. They tried fixing it with rehab prior to surgery and the rehab just increased the pain.

my shoulder feels exactly the same way it did prior to the surgery, you ask my surgeon about it and he says "well we should of just cut you open the first time" and then starts talking to me about a second surgery.

I have however heard that some people get it done and it's 100% improvement.

What the hell did you do that you got both hips replaced and a knee worked on?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,864 Posts
The Dr. says... "If it hurts when you do that, DON'T!" :goodfinge

Good luck on the recovery and look on the bright side, it's best to get these things all out of the way at once so you can get back on the road to recovery without another immediate detour to the lame-bed.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
My girl used to be on a swim team way back, she injured her rotator cuff pretty bad.

I will bring it up to her and let you know what she says as well.

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the hell did you do that you got both hips replaced and a knee worked on?
Rob I've had both knees worked on 2 times on the left and 1 on the right..:doh0715: I've got a disease that detereates the cartledge in my joints and so far it's just showed up in my hip's!:whiteflag

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Dr. says... "If it hurts when you do that, DON'T!" :goodfinge

Good luck on the recovery and look on the bright side, it's best to get these things all out of the way at once so you can get back on the road to recovery without another immediate detour to the lame-bed.
Thanks,Pepe!! :beer It just sux in a major way,Rehab on the shoulder today was a total [email protected]#$%^&* :smilie_slap

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Rob I've had both knees worked on 2 times on the left and 1 on the right..:doh0715: I've got a disease that detereates the cartledge in my joints and so far it's just showed up in my hip's!:whiteflag
dude that sux. i am really sorry to hear that, but you're staying positive, that's a good thing!

The "labrum" (sp?) in my shoulder was torn completely from the bone. The labrum (sp) is the cartilage that basically holds the shoulder joint, which is the most unstable joint in the body, in place. they basically screwed it back to the bone and stitched it back up. So i's got a bunch of stainless in me.

I've had nothing but trouble with it. They sent me through physical therapy first, then when they realized the physical therapy wasn't working, they operated. Now i am going through physical therapy again, i have actually gone through massage therapy, and it's not working.

I wish you the best man! Shoulder injuries are the gift that just keep on giving!

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude that sux. i am really sorry to hear that, but you're staying positive, that's a good thing!

The "labrum" (sp?) in my shoulder was torn completely from the bone. The labrum (sp) is the cartilage that basically holds the shoulder joint, which is the most unstable joint in the body, in place. they basically screwed it back to the bone and stitched it back up. So i's got a bunch of stainless in me.

I've had nothing but trouble with it. They sent me through physical therapy first, then when they realized the physical therapy wasn't working, they operated. Now i am going through physical therapy again, i have actually gone through massage therapy, and it's not working.

I wish you the best man! Shoulder injuries are the gift that just keep on giving!
Damn Rob,you been threw the ringer also,havent ya?I guess time will tell and I'll take it as it comes..Best of luck with your rehab also,Dude..:beer

Also Rob I'll give you my all time favorite saying so you can also use it(sounds like you need to use it).....

"If it was raining pussies,somehow,I'd get hit in the head with a dick"

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
wanna buy a rusted out 1993 Ford Bronco with 150 thousand miles on a tired 351, for about $300,000?

lol.

thank you for your thoughts and prayers man, i appreciate them. That in itself is enough.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Dude it sucks, im in the same situation as you. I had a tumor in my right knee that was the size of a tennis ball, had that and a bunch of my lower leg bone removed/replaced (makes the cold wether more fun then ever) then when i went to get the brace off I was in the hospital and fell down some steps and tore my acl, pcl , and miniscus int he same knee, yay! back on crutches and a brace for 6 weeks. Then after that my back started killing me. Degenerative disc disease the 3 lower disc in my back have no cartlidge between them, so they sent me to PT to get traction. Well the third session of traction they hooked me up wrong and it dislocated both of my hips. im currently doing therapy for my hips now, static stretches and what not. Oh and i have also had both my rotator cuffs repaired as well. I cant do flat barbell bencg of more than 315 anymore or it hurts. Like rob said, shoulder injuries are the gif tthat keep on giving

1 - 17 of 17 Posts