Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Im truly considering trying to sell or trade my bronco. As a college student I need something that gets some better gas mileage and that I can travel with. I love it and might regret it but Its something I need to do. I honestly over payed for it too, simply because I fell in love with it. Well here it is, its a 1995 has the 302 with 119,000 miles on it. It has a 2.5inch leveling kit installed in the front from rough country and f350 leaf springs installed in the rear, which does give it a slight rake to the rear. Clean interior and clean exterior. Was originally from texas and was government owned, only has been in the salty north for 3 years. Whats it worth guys? No visible rust on the outside except for a tiny amount of bubbling on the tailgate.

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Tread carefully with these kind of threads. If we see this being used for anything more than giving the kid a decent price guess-timate, we'll have to shut this thread down for violating the For Sale area restrictions.

That said... looks like a nice, clean rig. '95, 302, low miles, clean shape, assuming everything works as it should... I'd say you've got a $4k or so Bronco, in my area anyway. More info, pics and details would help. Regardless... shouldn't take long to pass that one off to someone who can handle the gas bill.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warning and will respect that, didn't mean to infringe on any rules. It has a blue cloth interior which is very clean, in-fact had all new carpet installed and new rear set cloth cover installed after auctioned by the government. Upgraded stereo and speakers. Just hate to sell it, but i can't afford the gas for it and can't afford what I would like to do to it.

Registered
Take the time to search for ones in your area that are comparable to yours, and see what they are asking. Might even call a couple and see how long they have been trying to sell. If on CL, take notice of how long the ad has been up.

Then price yours accordingly...

I would agree with Pep though, 4k-ish is what that would sell for around here.

Good luck!

Registered
Need more pics inside and out as well as engine compartment. Not to mention a test drive for brakes, trans. and steering.

Good deal for buyer 1800-2500, good deal for seller 3800-4500. But this all depends on your market area.

Beach bumming it ........
Here in VA 4k would be a good price. Government owned, if you call where it was owned they will give you all documents, maintenance, work, etc that has been done with it.

Having all this will help your price.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all for the advice, I'm going to give it some serious consideration over the next month, if and when i decide to sell it i will have it completely detailed and will call the government location to get all of that paperwork. I guess selling it for 4-4.5k wouldn't be to bad. However i did originally pay 5k for it and have put quite a bit of money into it!

Registered
If you run an ad local,start a little higher and put OBO, some people want to think they beat you down some for ego purposes. Good luck kid.

Registered
Nothing... Give it here:toothless

Joking aside, thats at least a 4k truck where I'm at, its a nice one.

Registered
I think you're in a good spot to sell that bronco. You are close to Wi. and our vehicles suffer much more rust than the MN. ones do because of our salt use. That truck would sell in a day at $4000. I think you should start in the $5k-$5500. You should expect at least $4800 in short order providing the mechanics are in in very good driving condition.
Swamp

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks for the kind words guys! I will be deciding in the next month wether she is getting sold or not! if not, I will be buying some new tires and possibly rims and undercoating the chassis and undercarriage. Thanks again for the advice guys!

Roller rockers are gay
I wouldn't give more than 3k since I'd have to do a bunch of work to drop it back on stock springs and remove the leveling kit since I feel it looks horrid with that giant gap between the tires and the body. And I wouldn't want the spine crushing ride of F350 springs either. fawk that.

don't mind unfer... he's a dick with no Bronco. ;)

RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Some how I feel responsible for this.Then I remember ,when he came into my life,he was too big to flush.

Roller rockers are gay
I might be a dick but the majority are probably going to want something stock. Mods can hurt the value of a vehicle, and they can help it. Depends on the audience. Personally, I don't like the way his truck is set up and I'd have to spend time/$$ to get it where I want. Therefore it drops what the vehicle is worth to me.

It's a wonderfully clean truck. If it was bone stock, I'd value it higher. But that's just one guy's opinion. At the end of the day it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, regardless of what KBB, or a bunch of enthusiasts on a bronco forum say.

Registered
Personally, I wouldn't put new rims and tires on it unless you are going to keep it. Everybody has different tastes and the prospective buyer may not like what you put on. Even if rims and tires are brand new you probably won't get more than 75% of what you pay them in added value on the vehicle and that's if the buyer likes what you put on.
Swamp

I agree with all 3 of the last posts. :toothless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts