Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my new abs unit, going to install it this week, got some new wheel cylinders,brake shoes and turned drums all done ! still need adjustments cause its pushing almsot to the floor the parking brake for it to actually hold good

Heres my guestion, im looking at a few packages, one i saw was from rigid axles and it comes with the gear,pinion,lsd,seal,bearings..........everything to swap it over for like 560$ which is pricey but seems like everything i would need is there except the oil, what you guys think? worth it? also if i change the gear ration in the back do i need to change the one infront ?

Also another guestion, i got the transfer case done, transmission done, engine running normal, A/C blowing cold-ish air.......what should i do next? i was thinking replacing the alternator but no autozone has a 80 amp one and im not sure if a mustang alternator would work? cause theres a conversion kit for fox bodys with 302 but im not sue if it will work for us ?? what you guys think ?

but other then that i think only thing left to do is make some interior pieces to look good, fix the back door and get to doing HP mods
headers
delete 1 of the 2 cats
flowmaster exhaust
kn filter

Any recomendations for power mods im all for it

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,094 Posts
Gotta get back to work, but you must have "matching" ratios front and rear to use 4x4

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,094 Posts
For power mods,

I prefer green air filters over the K&N but either will work. Just do the drop in replacement, and insulate the rest of the air inlet ducting.

Exhaust, do shorty headers, ditch the second cat, and hook up a 3" exhaust.

For the Alternator, look into the 3G swap. A 130A unit from a 95-2000 ford taurus/mercury sable v6 is what you want, unless you need over 130A. That particular model should bolt right up, and has the soft start regulator that keeps the belt from slipping at startup. Does you current ALT have a fan on the outside as part of the pulley? I would think a 92 had the 3G wiring already.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For power mods,

I prefer green air filters over the K&N but either will work. Just do the drop in replacement, and insulate the rest of the air inlet ducting.

Exhaust, do shorty headers, ditch the second cat, and hook up a 3" exhaust.

For the Alternator, look into the 3G swap. A 130A unit from a 95-2000 ford taurus/mercury sable v6 is what you want, unless you need over 130A. That particular model should bolt right up, and has the soft start regulator that keeps the belt from slipping at startup. Does you current ALT have a fan on the outside as part of the pulley? I would think a 92 had the 3G wiring already.
yes it does have a fan on the outside, also no it doesnt have a 3g wiring, i think they started doing 3g wiring around 93 or 94, mine was the first year of the different front but still has the internals of the 90-91 bronco

3" exhaust from the cat back ?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta get back to work, but you must have "matching" ratios front and rear to use 4x4
Thank you!!!! thats what i wanted to know, cause i think the stock ratio is 3.55 ? and i REALLY! dont want to take the front diff off, it looks like a nightmare to take off so i rather keep it where it is

·
Addicted to Junk
16,094 Posts
yes it does have a fan on the outside, also no it doesnt have a 3g wiring, i think they started doing 3g wiring around 93 or 94, mine was the first year of the different front but still has the internals of the 90-91 bronco

3" exhaust from the cat back ?
Thank you!!!! thats what i wanted to know, cause i think the stock ratio is 3.55 ? and i REALLY! dont want to take the front diff off, it looks like a nightmare to take off so i rather keep it where it is
Okay so yeah, external fan is 1 or 2G ALT. There are lots of 3G threads here, and the Taurus one will still work. Just gotta wire it yourself, potentially using a JY/Aftermarket harness.

Yes, 3" from cat back. It will deepen the tone. But only do 3" if running a single mudfler and tailpipe. Do 2.5" if you want duals.

The front diff is easy to remove, once the brakes, spindles, and axle shafts come off haha! Yes, 3.55 is likely what you have. Gears must also be done by a professional, or someone who knows how to get the proper clearances.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay so yeah, external fan is 1 or 2G ALT. There are lots of 3G threads here, and the Taurus one will still work. Just gotta wire it yourself, potentially using a JY/Aftermarket harness.

Yes, 3" from cat back. It will deepen the tone. But only do 3" if running a single mudfler and tailpipe. Do 2.5" if you want duals.

The front diff is easy to remove, once the brakes, spindles, and axle shafts come off haha! Yes, 3.55 is likely what you have. Gears must also be done by a professional, or someone who knows how to get the proper clearances.
yeah i know a place where they do jeeps and lifts and off road things for trucks so im sure they can do that no problem

ok ill have to talk to a muffler shop so they can do me a 3" system

i got no proble doing wiring my self but i do preffer premade ones i can modify, makes it easier, and this is the kit i found and it loks pretty much similar to everything i see, with cables, fuses and everything https://lmr.com/item/SVE-17046K2/Mustang-SVE-130-Amp-Alternator-Upgrade-87-93-50L

·
Addicted to Junk
16,094 Posts
yeah i know a place where they do jeeps and lifts and off road things for trucks so im sure they can do that no problem

ok ill have to talk to a muffler shop so they can do me a 3" system

i got no proble doing wiring my self but i do prefer premade ones i can modify, makes it easier, and this is the kit i found and it loks pretty much similar to everything i see, with cables, fuses and everything https://lmr.com/item/SVE-17046K2/Mustang-SVE-130-Amp-Alternator-Upgrade-87-93-50L
For a stock engine, and 3" exhaust, I recommend a turbo or chambered style muffler, vs a straight through design. This will give just enough backpressure to keep your torque figures up. I like the flowmaster delta flow 50 series on a small block ford. It sounds great on my 351.

That 130A kit looks like a good choice. I had about $400 in my 200A install.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For a stock engine, and 3" exhaust, I recommend a turbo or chambered style muffler, vs a straight through design. This will give just enough backpressure to keep your torque figures up. I like the flowmaster delta flow 50 series on a small block ford. It sounds great on my 351.

That 130A kit looks like a good choice. I had about $400 in my 200A install.
i wanted the thumbs up if its a good deal /fit for the truck? cause everything i see on it seams to be the perfect fit ! wanted another set of eyes to confirm

i was thinking of getting the flow master delta 50 anyway! i made a thread to help me decide abit ago and it lookes like the 50 series is perfect for my aplication

·
Addicted to Junk
16,094 Posts
i wanted the thumbs up if its a good deal /fit for the truck? cause everything i see on it seams to be the perfect fit ! wanted another set of eyes to confirm

i was thinking of getting the flow master delta 50 anyway! i made a thread to help me decide abit ago and it lookes like the 50 series is perfect for my aplication
(y) on the Alternator kit.

Ive had a 40 series on both a 300 and 351, a super 44 on a 460, and the DF50 on a 351. No cats on any of em. The DF50 definitely sounds the best, though the super44 on the 460 with a 5 speed was GLORIOUS!!!

I also like the borla ProXs a lot. I have one on a 5.4L. It fell off and i ran over it so it has a bit different tone probably, but a superduty driving over it only crumpled a corner, no leaks!

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,142 Posts
I highly recommend a 3G, and that's a nice kit from SVE, but if you'd like to save about $150 check this out:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
(y) on the Alternator kit.

Ive had a 40 series on both a 300 and 351, a super 44 on a 460, and the DF50 on a 351. No cats on any of em. The DF50 definitely sounds the best, though the super44 on the 460 with a 5 speed was GLORIOUS!!!

I also like the borla ProXs a lot. I have one on a 5.4L. It fell off and i ran over it so it has a bit different tone probably, but a superduty driving over it only crumpled a corner, no leaks!
ouch man sorry to hear that

also dang dude borla is abit out of my price range

woooo ill see when i can get it

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I highly recommend a 3G, and that's a nice kit from SVE, but if you'd like to save about $150 check this out:

i checked this out! and doing the math, cause i dont have a pick and pull near me all i have is auto parts store and the cheapest is a taurus alternator thats like 140 with my discount and not including tax, and i still ned the wiring for all of it, which would be around 60 without shipping and it be around 200 $ ish dollars and for 60$ more i can get the whole kit in one buy and not go around like a chicken with out its head

·
Addicted to Junk
16,094 Posts
ouch man sorry to hear that

also dang dude borla is abit out of my price range

woooo ill see when i can get it
For me here on the mainland, at summit racing, the borla Pro Xs is $100. The flowmaster DF50 is $125... The XR1 i have on the bronco was the expensive one lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts