Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am kinda new at this and looking for suggestions. So my 79 sat for 7 years before I got it. I just got the motor running two days ago and kinda wondering what else I should start checking for. I have good oil pressure rebuilt the carb gave her an oil change, new fuel pump, removed the smog stuff and did some grinding on the body. I would like to get her drivin soon. I am planning on pullin the wheels off an greasin' the bearings, but I gotta get the locks off the rims.

Anyone got suggestions on things to check, and do.:whiteflag

·
Registered
87 Posts
What Next

Check your brake lines, hoses, vacuum lines, plug wires and ignition. Also check the brake cylinders and master cylinder. If you have someone to help or have the equipment, bleed your brakes. Going is not stopping. Also, check other items that could have rusted or dry rotted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went through it and checked brakes, differential oil, transfer case and transmission fluid levels, all were good except the transfer case, got her all filled up. I only have three brakes one of the front ones isn't getting any fluid, I gotta run through it and check for pinches.

I was having problems shifting the transfer case though, I would put the truck in neutral and then shift the t-case out of neutral into 2wd and it would grind bad, the only way it would go in was in park after some putzin. Drive her around a bit in 2wd she was bouncin alot and the power steering worked turning right but left it was real stiff. I think the boucin was from the squishy tires I had on and also that I need new shocks up front.

Any suggestions what I should check on the NP205 Transfer case, and about the powersteering issue? I am going to drop the t-case and putze with it a little the guy who had the truck before me had 33's up front and 35's in the rear. I worried if he screwed up the t-case, I had figured there would be issues from it but I figured the diff would go first. Any input would be awesome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts