Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I replaced the one in my truck myself a couple years ago. In the donor truck, I just took a razor blade to the rubber seal and the window popped out no problem. The window in mine was broke so I broke it a little more and it came out no problem and I used the same rubber seal to install the "new" windshield. It took me a while though, it's a pain in the ass with the curvature of our windshields

·
Registered
86 Posts
PER- RANGER429

What are ya guys cutting? I have never taken a razor knife to the gasket to remove a windshield. 1st thing to do is remove the lockstrip from the rubber gasket. Then remove the upper and lower metal trim on the inside. Then I start by pulling down the gasket on the inside and push gently on the windshield. Keep rolling that gasket down and work your way around the top and sides and the windshield will come out. I have not broken one yet. To put it in I use a piece of weed whacker cord all the way around the gasket by the lip that mounts to the cab of the truck. Make sure the tails are on the lower side of the windshield. From the inside pull the whacker line while keeping pressure on the outside of the windshield and it will set the gasket into place.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80750&highlight=windshield+remove:twak

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I needed, Thanks I knew Ranger would know
on a side note: how did you post that quote from another thread??
How You Do Dat??????

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
You could use Johnny's preferred method: Crush the whole truck and simpy pick up the leetle pieces of glass with a broom and a dustpan afterwards.:toothless

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What The Fawk?? I Do Not!!! it was one time I swear???????:kiss

I am a computer Tard, so I have no clue what the hell you just said to me?
But I Dont Think I Like It :toothless

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am going to do the same thing soon! going to swap bodies 79 to the 78 and the good body has bad glass.

but the 78 fired up last night, but the fuel pump is sucking air i think! going to replace some fuel lines this week!!:chili:

little pieces of glass-- sound like me and my fireplace doors last night!! that sucked

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Fawk the razor knife, I suppose if you have a new gasket laying around you could cut it out but there is no sealer used on these so the gasket is OK to re-use.

Whilst you are rolling the gasket down on the inside with pressure pushing out it will slowly start to come out. The last one I put in I had no weed whacker line. 1st mount the gasket to the windshield, then get someone to help you set the unit back into the trucks metal lip. I set the lower lip of the gasket in place and used a small hook tool like shown and used it to pull the gasket lip back over the steel frame from inside the cab. Start by setting the gasket on one side 1/2 way up and then go to the other side and repeat. When both sides are half way up go back to the 1st side and finish all the way up and then start going across the top. Be very careful when you get down to the the last corner. This is when the glass will break if you are in a big rush. The key part is making sure that the gasket is all pulled inside the truck before pushing that glass all the way into place.

·
Registered
86 Posts
are there any good pics of Johnny's truck in its current state??

this would make these jokes much better!!!

the only thing i can find when i search is this

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts