Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,070 Posts
Sniper EFI

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
105 Posts
I,d have to say EVERYTHING. When I bought it. EVERYTHING just about was tore up. All underneith was replaced , It seems like every time you go to repair something. You will find something that needs taken care of. These BRONCO are like ALOT of women--NOT ALL. Seems like they keep a person broke.

·
Registered
78 BRONCO RANGER XLT -351M-C6-NP203 TO 205 SWAP -9IN 3.50 REAR
63 Posts
NP203 TO 205 SWAP and my long awaited new interior

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well... I'm in the middle of installing my full roller C6 and twin stick NP205 rebuild. I hope it's worthwhile! I still have thrust washers in positions 4, 2, and 1 (selective), but torringtons everywhere else. The NP205 needed a full rebuild anyway and the Bronco is being built with off-road prowess in mind.... so I figured "Why not do a twin stick?".

While I expect a noticeable improvement, I don't think it will be anything like the rebuild of the 400 and having 350+HP under the hood.

Still piecing together the 4" lift....

·
Registered
99 Posts
A set of seats out of a Ford Escape. Cut up the factory bucket brackets welded them to the Escape brackets. Passenger seat now slides forward and back and still flips forward. Paid $20 plus tax for the pair.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,327 Posts
Best: Angle correction bushings for the front axle

Worst: MAABCO engine

61 - 67 of 67 Posts