Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to search on here, but don't know the correct terminology to use for the search.

It appears that Ford went "el cheapo" when designing the 92-96 dash assemblies. The passenger side lower mounting point on my dash is busted. This would be the black plastic molded dash mount that is then secured to the metal area above the passenger side plastic kick panel. I think it's secured by what appears to be a 1/2" or 10mm bolt. The bolt section of the molded mount cracked away from the dash section, so that lower side of the dash is not secured.

What are the current "fixes" or user modifications for these plastic mounting points?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
yeah i think i broke that too my whole dash bounces over bumps oh well

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Steve83 said:
More like '92-94. The later dashes have a steel bracket on the R end - my '96 parts truck did. :D There was a TSB & a repair kit, but IDK if the kit is still available. The bolt is the same as a bumper bolt I described in a recent thread: 5mm x 1.00mm x 20mm long w/8mm head & captive 20mm washer.
I have 2 95's at work and they both have the broken dash. Theres a 96 that gets beat even harder and its still OK, so maybe it was 96?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
I have the repair kit but it still sucks. the rest of the dash is broke around where you need to rivit the kit on. shit design

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i just welded the bracket by the passenger door

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
mine was broken when i got my 94 so out came the fiberglass mat and gel resin, did a fewlayers on ceran wrap then pressed it in over the crack, its strong as hell now and nothing had to come apart and its nearly impossible to tell i did the work to it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts