Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Former owner of Shadofax
17,475 Posts
Ahh, I see the difference now...

Thanks! :twotu:
so being thrifty why not just buy from Ryan? I plan to do this very soon, can't beat his price for a nice starter.

17,475 Posts
i dont beleive they are unless you get aftermarket, atleast mines not and its a 92 same with both my 95 F150`s all have E4od or 4r70w`s and 5.0`s
I believe they are stock. My starter is awefully small, just like the aftermarket ones. Very powerful though, and is still going strong after 13 years. The old ones without gear reduction are massive, and heavy.

17,475 Posts
The PMGR units Ryan sells seem to be of good quality, touting some nice key feartures, which is why I will buy one of those shortly. Not having any problems with a starter is a good thing, but after 13 years of use I just believe sooner or later the motorcraft one is going to give out. I'd buy another motorcraft unit but it's likely 2x's the cost of what Ryan's starters cost. Already bought the 2ga cable from him too, so will swap the starter cable out when I put the new unit in.

17,475 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a starter from Ryan
If you can I'd love to see a few install pics and hear opinion once you have it installed. Mine is going to be ordered soon.:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.