Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i know our trucks are not the craziest haulers outta the box, but theyre still trucks, and thats how i treat mine:thumbup

i took the top off the other day, to load 2 yards of mulch into the back with a bobcat, worked pretty well with a tarp laid down and no back carpet:toothless driving felt like i could wheelie:chili: but besides that it was a good trip:beer

stuffed the back full of an old deck cut in sections, stacked past the roof, with ratchet straps.. wasnt heavy by much, i think:toothless

flat towed a blazer s10 up a hill needed 4hi still cant get 4lo

towed a grand cherokee outta a trail and tore HIS back bumper off:histerica kid had a great look on his face when i handed him his bumper, wonder what he told mom about her rig....:shocked

towed my friend's old 78 bko

towed another jeep or two, didnt pull their bumpers tho, surprisingly:toothless next time ill get em

so what have you hauled with ur bronco?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Before the lift and everything else. Wow it looks different. I have no idea how much it weighed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
towed

I towed a 79 bronc on a 2500 lbs trailer from Baton Rouge LA to New Orleans with my 78. I was on 42's too. Didn't ride bad either.

·
Banned
917 Posts
joes93bronco said:
I towed everythin I owned once from here to there. In an enclosed trailer. Bout 24 hours of drivin. Straight thru. Only one ticket. For speeding.
I bet it wasent straight through....unless, what size gas tank do you have? I didn't know it was possible to get a speeding ticket in a bronco.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
I houled a 72 c-10 long bed, on a dual axle dove tailed trailer.
The c-10 had a full load of fresh cut wood in the bed. :toothless

Hauled it on I-20 for about 20 miles at 60. Then another 20 miles on rural roads.

That was stock 302/AOD with 32" tires.

I have houled several F-150's and a few Mustangs on the same trailer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
am i still the only 1 that hauled 2 yds of dirt cause he was to lazy to call the friend w the pickup...hah

gacknar i dunno how you did that stock :shocked no wonder ur aod is rebuilt

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,565 Posts
well its another opportunity to post a photo...

(didn't take the time to check the hoses before I left...just a short 4 hour delay in the trip)

inside is an 80 Toyota 4x4 hilux PU. 4KW generator/welder, a few spare tires, extra axle shafts, firewood, and most of the camping stuff.

the trailer is registered at 4500lbs....I think that is in error....I put it closer to 3500 lbs, a Toy 4x is what? 4000K, welder is around 300.

It wasn't a quick trip up the hills.

here is a good side view...24' box, rear ramp door, 102" wide, 82" inside height.

and then there are the short hauls with the dumper...
usually sand or dirt...but busted concrete is an occassional haul too.

1 2/3 yds of wet sand was the biggest load I can recall...only had to go 4 or 5 miles with the last 100' in 4wd just to get enough traction to climb the slick concrete driveway.

I think I know why my 8.8s fail so regularly....

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I bet it wasent straight through....unless, what size gas tank do you have? I didn't know it was possible to get a speeding ticket in a bronco.
I din't say nuttin bout not gettin no gas.

And I've gotten a couple speeding tickets :brownbag

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,565 Posts
I'm guessing you didnt get to pass many stations on the trip out....

these beasts are thirsty when dragging junk behind them....'

and when not towing :cry

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well this reminds me, theres a reason for this thread

a few weekends ago i blew a tranny cooler line, luckily at the end of the trip, about 200 ft from my driveway:shocked lost 6 qts really quick....

so i filled the c6 back up with pennzoil atf fluid same stuff that was in it, replaced the tranny cooler rubber line and added a flare so it wouldnt blow off again. i had 4 other ppl and firewood in the truck, we wanted to get back to campgrounds asap:drinkbud so we did some easy stop n go driving

then we were just about to go on the highway when the atf started pouring outta what looked like the front pump seal:shocked :whiteflag i htought we were done!

half hour later the tranny was fine! i guess the c6 has a overflow or overheat valve?? since then ive still been lucky, the ol c6 shifts fine:chili:

so what should i change? its got a stock cooler and the ford inline filter, is it the pennzoil atf? ive searched and some ppl said amsoil was good. how bout hurst or b and m fluid?

one thngs for sure, unless a monster aod falls in my lap, the c6 had my vote for being tough as hell

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Just last weekend 52, 40lb bags of topsoil (2160lbs) and two 50lb bags or garden rock. Thats in the back not a trailer.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
It ain't a Bronco but I want to play too. If you don't like it thats too bad.

I've towed this contraption many thousands of miles. About 5,500 pounds loaded as in the pic

Thanks to the 5 speed, gearing, and a 302 I can still fly up the mountians with it.

This is probably the heaviest load. I'd estimate 10,000 pounds worth. All oak

This was 9000

I also towed a friends 12,500 pound camper, but that was just from the road to the south end of Pismo across the sand. I already had my tires aired down so...

1 - 20 of 173 Posts