Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On top of my 5.0 (89 FSB) there are some very small (OD of about 1/8") they run from the top of the motor towards the passenger side cab firewall. What is the purpose of these? If one is broken will it make the engine run rough/miss?

[/IMG]

It's the small tubing ("T" shaped hoses) One hose is broken

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Which line in particular are you talking about?

The engine will most likely idle high with a vaccum hose leak.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Whichever line(s) is/are broken, you should fix them ASAP by sliding small rubber vacuum hose over the broken ends to reconnect them. It's never good for vacuum lines to be sucking in raw air.

·
Registered
95 Posts
He is probalby talking about the hard red ones that go over to the heater box. and yes, slide a piece of rubber vacuum line over to reconnect it until you can replace it. You can find the hard vacuum lines in the "Help!" section of advance auto parts.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
*Any* vacuum leak will cause problems.

The intake is where vacuum comes from, that's why those lines are there. They're used to supply vacuum to whatever needs it.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I broke a couple of the hard vacuum lines on my 95 this last week. It think they are all emissions related (one ran straight to my EGR valve and two ran two the "coffee can"). They get real brittle over time. I ended up just re-doing all of those lines with some flexible vacuum line tubing. Its not hard to do, took me maybe an hour and a half and I was working slow and that included time for beer.... but as mentioned, it should be taken care of....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
A broken vacuum line introduces unfiltered air into the intake. Same effect as punching a hole in your air filter.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pic added, it the hose that goes into the "T", its not broken at the "T" but the other end. It should connect to black plastic housing right behind the "T"

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
So fix it, like everyone's saying. Finding the break is the hardest part of fixing a vacuum line leak, you've already done that part.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Keeps the flux capacitor from achieving critical mass.

:goodfinge

It's for the HVAC system controls. Now go fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts