Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red arrow: It's not actually in the picture - just off camera, right above the arrow.
The tee that the arrow points to actually has three ports: two larger vac lines, one from the manifold tree. Don't remember where the other one goes (might be the tee described below, can't remember). The third port is capped (on mine, at least).

What is it, what does it go to, and why might the third port be capped?

Blue arrow: (going from memory here) - Again off camera, near the passenger firewall. Round/disc tee goes three directions, and one of them is a small blue line that actually goes into the firewall, or at least close. It disappears into an opening and I don't want to F with it since it's brittle.

What is it and what does it go to?

Sorry for the lame description and pic, I'm at work and it's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

The tee from the blue arrow definitely feeds off of the red arrow's tee. Where does the line that goes to the firewall area go?

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo,
RED Arrow is prob to MAP Sensor on firewall, passenger side - se this pic by Steve85 in an 85

HVAC Vacuum Diagram in an 86
Source: by Ford via Chris B (Blue, bronco boy) at http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Bronco/Misc/1986_EVTSM_Page_141.jpg
Black from Vac Tank thru Check Valve thru Firewall

Typical EFI Vacuum Lines (V8 shown; I6 similar)

Steve83

Outside Recirculate Door Vacuum Motor pic in an 89; Shiny piece in upper left
Source: by Booba5185 (Matt) at http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/irpancake1/bronco/cid_642.jpg

Vacuum Hose (Line) Replacement w/Rubber Hose in an 89 F 150 5.0; "...This should cover most 87-96 V8s (302\351); for the I6s (300)s the solenoids are in the same general area, as well as the valves. You can use this article as a basis to replace yours, just keep in mind it..."
Source: by Booba5185 (Matt) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192382

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Red arrow: It's not actually in the picture - just off camera, right above the arrow.
The tee that the arrow points to actually has three ports: two larger vac lines, one from the manifold tree. Don't remember where the other one goes (might be the tee described below, can't remember). The third port is capped (on mine, at least).

What is it, what does it go to, and why might the third port be capped?

Blue arrow: (going from memory here) - Again off camera, near the passenger firewall. Round/disc tee goes three directions, and one of them is a small blue line that actually goes into the firewall, or at least close. It disappears into an opening and I don't want to F with it since it's brittle.

What is it and what does it go to?

Sorry for the lame description and pic, I'm at work and it's driving me crazy.

I am thinking your blue arrow is this:

Comes from the vacuum tree to a check valve. Then, two small lines go to the HVAC at the right side blower and the left side firewall.

The other four lines are two to the VRESER (vacuum canister), one to the EGR and one to the TAB valve.

One additional vacuum line is to the MAP sensor, but is from the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it. I don't have the vacuum manual. Can I cap the HVAC stuff for troubleshooting? If I do so, worst case is I lose heater and/or AC?

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo,
As Seattle advised, and you will have air (heated or cool, depending on temp setting you make) to Defrosters

which will help in da riany/foggy season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts