Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone will have an idea of what may be wrong with my bronco.
It was doing fine then one day it started sounding rough (kinda like grinding coming from the front engine area) It sounds like this and seems like power is lost when accelerating,
I'm thinking it's a tranny problem, could it be? or is it possible it could be something else like a driveshaft ????
I'm low on funds and hoping it's something not too expensive, because I'd hate to get rid of my baby.
thanks for any help.
Kris

·
Registered
268 Posts
If the sound is from the front of the engine and you are not having problems with gears slipping or shifting it's probably not the transmission. You need to try to track down exactly where the sound is coming from, this would be a big help. Are you loosing any fluids, like antifreeze?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope not loosing any fluids. And the noise comes when I"m driving, accelerating into like 2/3rd gear. There is quite a bit of hesitation or it's having a bit of problems getting up to the next gear.
I'm thinking since the noise and problem comes about while driving that it's a moving part such as tranny or possibly driveshaft:confused: Someone who knows alot more about bronco/auto repair is supposed to be checking it out for me, Sometime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no tune ups recently..............The last thing done was brakes, that was about a month or so before this problem occured.

·
Registered
109 Posts
how about the timing...could be slipping. that would explain the hesitation and if a tensioner has broken or gear has broken that would explain the noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts