Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... this is a big topic.

What are you most excited about? What are you worried they'll do and possibly kill the Bronco name....

share your thoughts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,210 Posts
I worry that they will continue postponing it, causing me to keep having to hear about it. I'm most excited about it being released so I don't have to hear about it as much.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,508 Posts
My thoughts are that several of these threads are created by Ford employees or someone hired by them to try and get "focus group" like thoughts on the new thing, so they might have an idea as to how to market it.
I do not think there is such a thing as a Leak, Spy Photo, etc either.

But I will take the bait to say that if it looks anything like any of the materials availble thus far, they missed the mark, at least from an Person that owns 2 Fullsizebroncos point of view. Though at least it appears it not going to be like the Chevy Blazer mistake.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,693 Posts
My fear is that the new Bronco will end up functioning just like this 'new' website.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
As long as it looks something like the Bronco R vehicle they got it pretty close. Not sure why they have to go down the path of the Bronco II again though. There are plenty of “lesser” “SUV” that Ford makes. If you want a wussy vehicle go buy an escape... that said as long as they don’t screw up the Full Size (and it truly is full size) then I guess that’s all that matters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with the “Too many electronics” but even the wrangler has that these days. I’m pretty sure you’re not getting away from that on a new vehicle. Heck don’t all new vehicles HAVE to have backup cameras anymore?

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,693 Posts
I fear too much electronic technology. Once that stuff starts malfunctioning, it gets expensive to repair.
Yup

That's why when I ordered my '99.5 F-350, I wanted everything manual:
locking hubs
door locks
windows
T-case shifter
transmission

The first five years would be bliss with the electronic conveniences.

It's year six through twenty that I planned for.

·
Super Moderator
14,531 Posts
I worry that they will continue postponing it, causing me to keep having to hear about it. I'm most excited about it being released so I don't have to hear about it as much.
This sums it up nicely...

In addition, I'm hopeful that it will drive the value of the late model Broncos through the roof so I might actually get out of it what I put in...hah.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have several concerns, 1. all the photos show a vehicle that is way too low to the ground - not off road worthy in any way. 2. Please show me where in history the Bronco was ever a long wheelbase 4 door, pretty sure that's called an Explorer or Expedition. I know they are trying to compete with the Wrangler and the 4 door has been very popular for Jeep, but that isnt what a Bronco is. I was thinking of some clever clamshell type back doors to give the 2 door look but with much better back seat access. I guess I'd be OK if they made a 4 door in addition to the 2 door. In either case it MUST be high enough to be off-road worthy and have a distinctive tough truck Bronco look.

They have a big opportunity here but could easily blow it.

other notes. Dont count on a stick, manual transmissions make up an extremely small percentage of sales in any vehicle, so much so that it now costs more for them provide the option. You want an NA engine, dont hold your breath, more options means higher manufacturing costs and lower margins, 1 or 2 engines is the new norm.

I'm very interested to see what they come up with, hope it doesn't disappoint.

·
Registered
80 Posts
One of my fears might have just been smashed.

That is, the 'baby Bronco' being officially called a Bronco, now it's apparently 'Maverick'

·
Eric
2,552 Posts
I am excited about running into one on the trail... because I want to see what it's got. I am worried that it will turn into the Bro Heeps that run around with every bolt-on imaginable and being driven by people who can't pilot their rig and clip drive-through order signs as they round the corner because they have oversized tires that climb curbs. A fact of which the driver is unaware because those 38" tires have never seen a trail in their M/T life. Am I against "oversized tires?" Not at all. Am I against "morons?" Absolutely. But, in particular, the ones who screw up my drive-through experience. 😑

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am excited about running into one on the trail... because I want to see what it's got. I am worried that it will turn into the Bro Heeps that run around with every bolt-on imaginable and being driven by people who can't pilot their rig and clip drive-through order signs as they round the corner because they have oversized tires that climb curbs. A fact of which the driver is unaware because those 38" tires have never seen a trail in their M/T life. Am I against "oversized tires?" Not at all. Am I against "morons?" Absolutely. But, in particular, the ones who screw up my drive-though experience.
It seems a safe bet that the first ones you do see on the trail will be driven by the same dipshits that run over your drive through signs. Not because I think the vehicle will overall necessarily attract that crowd but rather for the price most older and wiser people may not be bringing their brand new high dollar rig to those types of trails right off the bat. My guess is they will be daily drivers and their 66-96 bronco will go wheeling ;/ The little idiot who’s rig was bought by mommy and daddy’s money though... they won’t think twice.

Of course it probably depends on what trails we’re taking about, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FSM Lifetime
2,144 Posts
I have several concerns, 1. all the photos show a vehicle that is way too low to the ground - not off road worthy in any way. 2. Please show me where in history the Bronco was ever a long wheelbase 4 door, pretty sure that's called an Explorer or Expedition. I know they are trying to compete with the Wrangler and the 4 door has been very popular for Jeep, but that isnt what a Bronco is. I was thinking of some clever clamshell type back doors to give the 2 door look but with much better back seat access. I guess I'd be OK if they made a 4 door in addition to the 2 door. In either case it MUST be high enough to be off-road worthy and have a distinctive tough truck Bronco look.
Our fullsize bronco is the same wheelbase as a 4-door escape, and the new bronco is ranger sized, so the 2-door will have a similar, if not smaller wheelbase than our truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts