Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know I've been looking at getting my wife a BKO. and after she saw Shadowfax the otherday she said that's what she wants.

I'm looking at this one right now but I'm concerned about the axles. especially the rear. But all of the SAS is done and he's got about 2k in suspension on it. What's your oppinion? It will be a DD not just a toy. The other option is to stick with a stock Bronco and add 6in lift and 35's on the TTB suspension.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126328

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I'd sure go for that one over a lifted TTB. My 6" lifted TTB pretty much sucked all the time with tire wear and road wander. The SAS is pretty much a make sure it's right once and forget about it setup. I think the ride is a lot better, too. I'd be much more comfortable putting my wife in the SAS'd one.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dobas rig is excellent, I'd buy it in a heart beat....re-gear is about $1000 and well worth it, I sold a rusted, non-lifted, 230,000 mile bronco with a non-functional tailgate for $3600 a couple weeks ago.

$5000 is an EXCELLENT Price for that truck.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Does anyone remember the guy with the white bronco, believe it was 92+ on year that he had SAS'd several years ago, and I thought he was here in Colorado. He had a thread mayb 4-6 months ago talking about wanting to sell, but for the life of me I can't find it. He had done trails in Moab with it, think he had some 36" swampers on it. and not sure of lockers. And I thought he was looking at $4500.

Driving me crazy as I just can't remember his username on here.

Doba's rig is nice though, and the interior especially so. I just spent a couple hours getting my interior clean again. let me try looking again Hefty, I'd bet she'd like this other white SAS bronco, if I can find his post......

EDIT:
Found him, he's been a member since '03 as well, name is Crackhead and he is here in Denver:

Have no idea if he is still considering selling, but here is his supermotors for details on the truck:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/2234

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Doba just finished the SAS and it looks pretty good. The gearing sucks but maybe I'll be able to get it here before the color run? or at least Bill Moore.

Mark, I e-mailed Crackhead? To see if he still has it for sale.

Doba's rig is really in good shape. tranny rebuilt late last year. The interior looks awesome. He's just 13 hours away. Gotta break it in though hugh. Need gears, Selectable lockers and maybe some other stuff but the basic build is done. I don't have time to fix the axle on mine right now anyway so I'm gonna buy another project. Makes sence. I dunno?

I guess the 1tons will have to wait until I can sell some more windows?

Maybe I can get package deals on lockers and gears. LOL

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Thanks guys. Doba just finished the SAS and it looks pretty good. The gearing sucks but maybe I'll be able to get it here before the color run? or at least Bill Moore.

Mark, I e-mailed Crackhead? To see if he still has it for sale.

Doba's rig is really in good shape. tranny rebuilt late last year. The interior looks awesome. He's just 13 hours away. Gotta break it in though hugh. Need gears, Selectable lockers and maybe some other stuff but the basic build is done. I don't have time to fix the axle on mine right now anyway so I'm gonna buy another project. Makes sence. I dunno?

I guess the 1tons will have to wait until I can sell some more windows?

Maybe I can get package deals on lockers and gears. LOL
keep an eye out here, I've seen several gear sets, and an ARB that was real cheap not long ago, Robiem? I think that rolled his trailer (with his bronco on it), had the ARB as I recall.

This may be a "project" for YOU, but you know who the DRIVER of this one will be, don'tcha????:goodfinge

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Shit man...I can't believe Doba's rig is gonna be here in Colorado. I have always loved his rig. I honestly would have picked it up awhile ago if I was out of school already...damn 5th year in college.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
5th year in college. You gonna be a doctor? Too much school for me, That why I just went the buisness route. Self employed and all
Haha, no. Bachelors in Sociology with a minor in Math. I changed my major my junior year...hence the 5th year. It blows!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Flying into Pheonix on tuesday morning to pick up Doba's BKO. This sucks though. To get back here I have to drive through Moab. Unfortunately it will be the middle of the night and I have to be back on Wed.
very good. Good luck!!

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Long Ass trip. Fly out os Colorado Springs @ 8:20am. Landed at 10:15 CO. time. Doba picked me up. We had some title trouble, nothing major and it actually turned out for my denefit. Got on the road at about 2:30 CO time (had to get fuel and food too). Drove strait through to home. Over 800miles of back country roads. Made it home at around 2:30am. Only had one issue. the pass. side headlight fell out of the housing while driving and melted the housing. I was probably lucky I was useing the vent because I smelt the smoke and pulled over. Wedged the thing back in and drove 35mi to the next truck stop and bought some tiny bungies to hold it in til I got home. Fun trip

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Now I just gotta find a place to park it.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I'm begining to look like the local red-neck. I've got another trailer in the backyard. Can't park on the street in the winter or they tow because of the snow plows. It's like playing leapfrog

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.