Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lurker
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have little money for rims. But on the chance that I win the lottery, I want to know what I should look for in rims.

I really want a 17x9 or 17x8 on a 37in tire

I really want beadlocks.

I am looking for a for info on different syles of beadlocks, not fakelocks. I dont care that they will not be "street legal", b/c its doubtful that cops know what they are.

Sooo, with that, here are some starter questions that the knowledgable members of FSB might be able to help me out with.

What are "civilian beadlocks"

What is a "rock ring" and where is it in relation to the beadlocking ring.

How do the Staz Work beadlocks work?

Post up on the links to different companies making 17 in wheels with beadlocks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What are "civilian beadlocks
this is what people are calling hummer rims or recentered hummer rims.

What is a "rock ring" and where is it in relation to the beadlocking ring.
A rock ring a ring on metal that is welded just inside the out lip of the rim to reinforce it. That way it don't get bent as easy on the rocks.

How do the Staz Work beadlocks work?
John's bead locks are a 2 piece wheel with an insert. It goes like this you put the insert inside the tire then bolt the rims half's together. Effectivley clamping both inner and outer beads to the rim. Read THIS and it will explain John's bead locks. I know he just got some pictures posted the other day of some completed rims. Oh yeah I believe he is also making 17's in the near future.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
you will get a horror story going through Daniel at USA 6X6!!

oh yeah here are a pic of John's rims.

go to page five of that link i posted and you will see the pictures.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Do not buy from usa6x6! you will get hosed. search pirate for a massive thread on the subject

I want some walker evans alum beadlocks :drool:

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
OK Dustin, I did a search but can find a supplier for these...you got a link...I'm gonna be getting me a set after my 1ton swap and I thought I had researchd most of them but I don't recall these...thanks man!:beer

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Im not sure on the link, I saw them on pirate a while back

also check out those ones in the new pertersons. pricey but very cool!! cant remember the name and I cant find my mag to tell ya

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I was coming back to post I found it...it's HERE Thanks though...I'll check out those others...:thumbup
P.S. those Walkers are BADASS!:rockon I see whatcha mean! oh and Swamp Donkey the are 17"...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you have the change the Walker Evans Bead Locks seem to be the best hands down no questions asked.

Only bad part about a 17 inch wheel is you have locked yourself into the highest price range in the tire market.

Also there are quite a few reputable places that can convert a 15 inch steel wheel to a bead lock at a fairly reasonable price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
on your 15" rims if your confident in your welding skills you can buy do-it your self kits and a good price. Last I looked they were around $75 per wheel. Bobby Long has a nice kit that he just started selling. Bobby Long go to the bottom of the page for the DIY beadlocks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts