Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FSB came with a set of BF Goodrich All terrains on it, all in pretty decent shape with decent tread left. So far they have done well on the trails and in some mild mud. Size 33x12.5x15

I have no idea what pressure to run them at though, as I am new to trucks.
I searched here in some threads and it looks like maybe 20 PSI for offroading and 30-40 psi for DD/pavemnt? Is that about right?

For a guy who runs on sand and mud/grass what's a good tire alternative when I need to replace these?

Also I rub on my frame and front sway bar. Do any of you guys run wheel spacers to get some tire clearance away from the body/frame? If so who makes a good set and any downsides/dangers to running them?

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
For trails you can probably go down to 10-12 psi without popping beads. You should adjust your street pressure based on tread wear but 35 is probably pretty close. I don't run sand/mud/grass much - mainly rocks - so can't help you out on tire choice for wheeling in FL!

If it's not rubbing too bad I would either not worry about it or adjust your turn-stops out a bit.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
My FSB came with a set of BF Goodrich All terrains on it, all in pretty decent shape with decent tread left. So far they have done well on the trails and in some mild mud. Size 33x12.5x15

I have no idea what pressure to run them at though, as I am new to trucks.
I searched here in some threads and it looks like maybe 20 PSI for offroading and 30-40 psi for DD/pavemnt? Is that about right?

For a guy who runs on sand and mud/grass what's a good tire alternative when I need to replace these?

Also I rub on my frame and front sway bar. Do any of you guys run wheel spacers to get some tire clearance away from the body/frame? If so who makes a good set and any downsides/dangers to running them?

ahhh bfg all-terrains. get stuck in a puddle if you hit it wrong. i have them on my bronco unfortunately.

I never air mine down, tho i rarely take it through mud. 15 psi will do you well. For the street i kept mine @ 34 psi at all times, and i got great wear out of mine. put maybe 15k miles since new, and still have 90% on the front 75% rear, and believe me i am FAR from from gentle on my tires.

As far as your next set, it depends on what size your looking for and what you want out of your tires. if your going with a street/trail rig that will be a daily driver, your gonna want something radial. what will be the majority of the terrain your vehicle sees?

and the rubbing of your wheels, the best 2 options to correct that are either to
A) get extended radius arms which are kind of bent right at where the wheel touches them, this way it allows you an extra inch or two to hit full lock
or
b) get rims with a deeper offset.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
For Florida's terrain (Sandy dirt, sandy mud) BFG A/T's are an excellent choice. If you want something that does a little better in mud, then the BFG mud terrain would also be a good choice.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
musta missed that :duh

·
Registered
21 Posts
i havent had my full size out yet but i had bfg mud terrains on my 84 bronco ii and they worked great at 32 pounds on the street and in the mud, but when i was going in our sugar sand down here i dropped them to 10 pounds and never had a problem. the biggest part to success is learning how to drive through that stuff and not being a typical knucklehead and just flooring it in hopes of getting through. you'll have a blast wheeling down here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts