Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!
What aould happen if I put the front wheel bearing in the wrong way? the truck rides well besides some noise at 50 mph, and it pulls to the right. I put the wheel bearing in after the rotor, cone side facing to the truck, wide side outside.
is this the right way?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes. If you put it in the wrong way you will not be able to preload it correctly.

-Will (kf4amu on Kaudbrons computer)

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
which wheel bearing are you talking about? there are 2 of them, inner and outter.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
If you were to put wheel bearings in backwards and not notice something wasn't right, I would suggest you never pick up a wrench again for as long as you live, you will (and maybe others) live longer.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
The bearing race knocks in to the rotor and the bearing slids into it. So the inner bearing will taper towards the outside and the outter bearing will taper towards the inside.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
oferbatat said:
Please help!
What aould happen if I put the front wheel bearing in the wrong way? the truck rides well besides some noise at 50 mph, and it pulls to the right. I put the wheel bearing in after the rotor, cone side facing to the truck, wide side outside.
is this the right way?
I think the bigger question is...if you don't know which way the bearing and race are supposed to go, I have to ask how you re-assembled it? my bet is you did not torque, nor pre-load the bearings properly. IF so, it could all come apart on you real soon as it will either loosen, or heat up and blow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts