Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now my bronco has the stock 5 lug axles that came with it from the factory, there is someone at my work that has an 06 excursion he recently bought with a set of after-market wheels he absolutely hates. They are 16x10 8 lug wheels. My question is two part, is there an easy way to perhaps swap out axles and brake rotors or can i get some sort of spacer with the correct bolt pattern. OR should I just see if anyone here is doing a 5 lug to 8 lug conversion and swap em out???

·
Heavy and slow fun
1,152 Posts
Way more work than you want for cheap wheels.You would have to swap the rear end,The front im not even sure you could do anything with because the newer ford 8 lug wheels are a metric pattern unless you went with a super duty front axle swap.
I would look somewhere else or take them and sell them and buy something that fits!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way more work than you want for cheap wheels.You would have to swap the rear end,The front im not even sure you could do anything with because the newer ford 8 lug wheels are a metric pattern unless you went with a super duty front axle swap.
I would look somewhere else or take them and sell them and buy something that fits!!
After looking into it, a swap was out of the question just for a set of wheels. I have however seen a few adds in a truckin (i think) magazine from a company that offers spacers for whatever you want for something like $100, not sure if that would put extra stress on the hub or not. I'll most likely look for someone swapping from 5 lug to 8 lug when i'm ready. Just a thought thanks for the tip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts