Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bent wheel that is driving me crazy. I took it to a repair shop and the guy said it's 50/50 whether it will crack when he tries to fix it. So, I need to be prepared to buy new wheels before I take it in.

I'm stealing some pics here because my work computer won't let me upload pics.

My bronco is identical to bossinds except I have a black winch bumper and I have removed the chrome around the wheel wells.

Should I go with aluminum, chrome, or black, and what do you think of these:

bigger picture here:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...793325+4294795084+4294906359+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Black or aluminum, but never chrome. Since you don't have the wheel well chrome and have a black bumper I would go with black for sure.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it definitely looks like black is the answer, so what do you guys think of the eagles? Too much chrome? Any suggestions on reasonably priced, decent looking wheels (15 x 10, btw).

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Thanks guys, it definitely looks like black is the answer, so what do you guys think of the eagles? Too much chrome? Any suggestions on reasonably priced, decent looking wheels (15 x 10, btw).
I like those wheels, except how far out the inside front of the rim sits to the lip. I have never seen them in person or on a car, so it may just be the pics I have seen of them.

Question for you... if you are considering a black wheel, why not go with black steelies???

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like those wheels, except how far out the inside front of the rim sits to the lip. I have never seen them in person or on a car, so it may just be the pics I have seen of them.

Question for you... if you are considering a black wheel, why not go with black steelies???
I am open to anything, but I do want them to look a little better than the standard - $30 - available-at-wal-mart types. I'm also having trouble finding much of a selection in black 15 x 10. Again, any suggestions are appreciated.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the mentioning the Cragars. Give me your thoughts:
Approx $45

Approx $60

Approx $100

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
There they are! Those are what I was talkin about. Personally, I like the ones in the middle.... (thats the style I have on my truck :toothless)

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There they are! Those are what I was talkin about. Personally, I like the ones in the middle.... (thats the style I have on my truck :toothless)

That's kind of what I was thinking. The faux beadlocks look good, but I can't figure out why those cost $40 more?

Any more opinions would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking. The faux beadlocks look good, but I can't figure out why those cost $40 more?

Any more opinions would be great!
Why do you need anymore opinions when you have already got mine :rofl:

Yeah, I wouldnt pay that extra cash for the faux beadlocks either. I really like the way that style of rim looks on my truck.... and they are priced well so if you bend one, its not too expensive to replace!

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why do you need anymore opinions when you have already got mine :rofl:
Honestly, you've just about got me sold. However, I'm just surprised that the newbie asking about soft tops got more responses than me:doh0715: Then there's the bumper selling guy who got 9 freakin' pages:banghead

Maybe I should change the title to "you suck!", then I'd get some attention:chili:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lol, well said p54519...

I would agree with Shane C. , the middle set of rims look very nice. I have the faux beadlocks on mine, but ONLY because I bought the tires and rims as a package for a good price :beer

If it helps your decision, here is a picture of the rims on my bronco...

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Those pictures helped alot. Once they are mounted, those beadlocks don't really add as much as they seem like they would when you look at the wheel only. The Eagles look good, but I'm starting to think the less silver the better on my truck. The price is a little much for an old bronco too.

I'm gettin' me the soft 8s!

One last question, this is the right bolt pattern etc, right?
5 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4 in. Backspace

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Thanks guys! Those pictures helped alot. Once they are mounted, those beadlocks don't really add as much as they seem like they would when you look at the wheel only. The Eagles look good, but I'm starting to think the less silver the better on my truck. The price is a little much for an old bronco too.

I'm gettin' me the soft 8s!

One last question, this is the right bolt pattern etc, right?
5 x 5.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4 in. Backspace
Nice. I think you will like them.... yup, thats the right bolt pattern. One thing is... the 4" backspacing may cause the tires to rub on the radius arms at full lock. Pro Comp does make the same style of wheel with a 3.75 inch backspacing for around the same cost plus or minus a few bucks. I dont know if the 3.75 inch BS makes much of a difference. I have the 4" and I just watch how hard I am turning. But, I do have to be really turning hard (like parking lot manuevering) to get the tire to rub the RA. I am going to adjust the steering stops this weekend just to elminate the issue.

EDIT: Found the Pro Comps incase you want the 3.75 inch BS over the 4 inch. They are more expensive than I remember.... 79 bucks a piece plus shipping (thats 4 wheel online, you might be able to find a better deal). Heres the linky link:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/R...t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pl=3369&t_pn=PCW97-5185

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
funny, i have the eagle alloys in all black (size 17") and i have the steelies too - in 15".

i use the steelies with mud tires when i go wheeling, and the alloys have an at mounted on them for street use.

i couldn't decide between the two either. i had the same dilemma.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.