Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was working on new wheel bearings and seals this weekend, and I was having trouble getting the Inner Wheel seal that sits on the spindle on. anyone know of a good trick to get that PITA on there??? call me a noob or a wimp i guess :whiteflag

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I put it on the spindle then use an appropriately sized piece of PVC slid over the spindle and tap it into place with a mallet.

For me, getting the damn thing off was the problem. Also make sure to put a little grease between the inner and outer wheel seal or you'll get an annoying squeak out of it later.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldnt happen to remember what Diameter PVC you used do you? I want to say its 2.5 or 3 inches but dont remember, im at work and i want to grab the pipe on the way home and it would be hard getting to HD once Home.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I don't off the top of my head. Check broncolinks.com or Steve83's supermotors...no doubt you'll be able to find the OD of the spindle.

On second thought, I imagine if you go to NAPA's website or call, they can tell you the ID of the seal itself, which could tell you what size PVC to buy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, thanks man this worked perfect. Just an FYI to others on here, I used a 2in PVC with a 2in coupler at Home Depot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts