Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just swapped out my 5 lug and put in chevy 8 lug outers and a 1983 f250 D60 rear axle in the back and the tires in the front stick out from the fender about an inch to an inch and a half but the tires in the back are completly underneath the fenders... is there anything that i can do about this? i know i know pictures are coming soon once i hook up everything in the back (driveshaft, shocks..)

thanks in advance

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I think the front axle is about an inch wider than the rear on every ford truck

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think the front axle is about an inch wider than the rear on every ford truck
x2 my front tires stick out a little farther than my rear tires. no biggie.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I sure wouldn't use wheel spacers to achieve what you want. Different backspacing maybe, but an inch isn't worth spending any money on.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya ya but i mean its a noticeably different you can tell that the front sticks out more than the back i dunno ill see thanks tho

·
In Front of Jopes
3,576 Posts
okay whats your reasoning? i only tear through mud i dont rock climb
Wheel spacers are one of stupidiest questions asked on this site.
Machined from aluminum, and they can be dangerous under some circumstances.
They are intended for non-offroad use.

·
Registered
408 Posts
http://www.okoffroad.com/ under the "okstuff" tab you will find some wheel spacers. I have run these spacers on 2 different trucks now for the last 3 years. My F150 and my Bronco. I don't wheel my Bronco as hard as I wheeled my F150 (Very light wheeling with the Bronco) But I still have never had any problems with the spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Wheel spacers are one of stupidiest questions asked on this site.
Machined from aluminum, and they can be dangerous under some circumstances.
They are intended for non-offroad use.
Hmm, don't tell Spidertrax. They've been making spacers suitable for competition rock crawling for about six years now. I know a lot of people who run them. They're really popular for the Jeep crowd running bigger tires on stock axles so the tires clear the frame on turns.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hmm, don't tell Spidertrax. They've been making spacers suitable for competition rock crawling for about six years now. I know a lot of people who run them. They're really popular for the Jeep crowd running bigger tires on stock axles so the tires clear the frame on turns.
X2

I think if you go get some cheapies then yeah say on pavement, but if you get some good quality ones then there is no reason to worry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts