Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went wheeling up in the hills with some friends in my 1986 bronco and I hit a couple of bumps pretty hard. Ever since then I’ve had to keep the steering wheel at about 2 o clock to go straight. My question is, should I just go in for the alignment or what should I look at before hand that I may have bent/broke?

·
Super Moderator
14,529 Posts
Common problem with the TTB after wheeling, I'd check for anything that's bent but chances are you just need the tie rod adjusted to get the steering wheel straightened back out..now if it's pulling in one direction or the other, then that's a whole other issue..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s pretty consistent pulling to the left with me having to keep the steering wheel at about 2 o clock to keep straight.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
I sprang for a "lifetime alignment" from firestone when I still had the TTB. They would check and adjust many times a year if needed. I think I was there 4 or 5 times one summer. They were also willing to tell me that I needed new ball joints then send me home and check the alignment after I replaced the joints at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts