Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of good legal spots to wheel in upper ct lower mass mostly Hartford county

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can goto Nepaug in New Hartford legally. You can also join some of the jeep clubs, thay all have like 10 chunks of land to legally wheel on(and don't flame BKOs like Ford guys flame jeeps). Some of the clubs are NEjeep, CTjeep, and a lot of the guys from NEOW go wheeling together a lot.

I'll go with ya once my 79 BKO is done being painted in a week or 2 also.

Paul

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
MaBell in Northampton MA

use to be able to do Coy Hill but got closed cuz of jackass drivers.

where in Windsor Locks do you live? My friend always tells me about how his neighbor has a big bronco. i believe he said it is two tone EB i believe he said green and brown. he lives on Midland. another one of my friends lives on Juniper

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I used to run with the guys from Jonfund. Well organized and usually have at least one run a month. Jonfund.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea id like check out nepaug is it rocks or mud even if some one has a feild out back thats flooded let me kno i just love mud

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would stay out of Nepaug, it is not legal. I live 2 miles away and have seen trucks and bikes towed away.

If you do find a spot though, post it up, I would love to take my Bronco out and test it out...still stock and have only had it a few months, but have yet to get it out in the trails...

POTTER

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would stay out of Nepaug, it is not legal. I live 2 miles away and have seen trucks and bikes towed away.

If you do find a spot though, post it up, I would love to take my Bronco out and test it out...still stock and have only had it a few months, but have yet to get it out in the trails...

POTTER
Wow good thing I read that, I was thinking about taking the trip out there. Anyone else hear that its illegal? All the websites I've seen says its legal

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow good thing I read that, I was thinking about taking the trip out there. Anyone else hear that its illegal? All the websites I've seen says its legal
The state forestry departement is in "green" mode these days. They are currently finding out where clubs go, and then initiating procedures to close that area. So stuff that was open a month ago might be different today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Portland fairgrounds is a great spot to go. Not sure of the legality of it but i have run into DEP down there and got nothing more than a 'how ya doin'. I know many people who go there and i haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble, just be reasonable and i don't think you'd have a problem. Lots to do and quite a bit of land out there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what exactly is out there is it more trail related rock crawlin or open field muddin

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wheel at the fairgrounds quite often and have talked to the cops down there before. They don't have a problem with wheeling down there just as long as you're out by dark. No rocks It's all nasty river mud and trails :). A lot of it has been rutted up from the locals there with 40+ inch tires. But it's a great place to go. Shoot me a PM if you're thinkin about headin down there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
New here too looking for some spots in CT. Went to Nepaug before and got stuck with my old 85 f150 and the cop was really cool.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i wheel nepaug all the time as long as you are out by dark and stayn on the marked paths your good there are some decent trails in winchester,norfolk,and goshen and once spring hits you can be rocker deep in mud up in cannan il post directions within this week

·
Registered
461 Posts
Jeep Eater
Nepaug is out...they just fenced it off a couple weeks ago, I live just a mile from there and unless you know a back way in (through someones property) I think it is all shut down...

But if you got spots in Winchester, Norfolk and Goshen, I would love to head out there...only 20 minutes from me.....

by the way, if you are out this way we have probably passed each other on the road...what are you drivin'?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nepaug is out...they just fenced it off a couple weeks ago, I live just a mile from there and unless you know a back way in (through someones property) I think it is all shut down...
Real responsible :smilie_slap :twak :banghead

·
Registered
461 Posts
Real responsible :smilie_slap :twak :banghead

I guess you missed the sarcasm..lol...I would not advocate going through someone elses property to get to an already restricted peice of land to wheel on..man, calm down.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I guess you missed the sarcasm..lol...I would not advocate going through someone elses property to get to an already restricted peice of land to wheel on..man, calm down.
Gosh darn internet forum sarcasm. Goes right thru me. I'm calm. :beer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nepaug is very illegal, Ive been going there with friends for years, and MDC police frequently roam the trails. They gated off alot of the entrances, but if you go past the Canton town dump, theres and entrance thats always been open. I live less than a mile from there, lots of fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts