Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup; Heh I'm semi-retired due to cancer. Anytime anyone wants to wheel: in Va. ie; Potts Mtn., Harrisburg, Stoney run, Shoe creek, etc. Just call 540-427-4275 or email to [email protected] . leave message.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
PM me if you have any info on decent "baby trails". I want to take my daughter wheeling, but nothing serious. A trip up Poor Mountian is too much because of the sharp and deep dropoffs, she would freak out (shes only 9), so Im thinking the firetrail off 311 toward Craig... but I dont know if they ever opened the gate back up (its been locked down for a long time, havent been back by there in a few years now).

Im wheeling a Heep XJ, so if you dont mind me tagging along, PM me when someone is planning a wheeling/trail ride on something easy going.

Thanks!
Andrew

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,563 Posts
Andrew, you can go in Broad run even when that first gate is locked, just go a little further towards craig and turn right at the broad run store, that will take you straight thru to come out near fincastle (you'll drive past the locked road because you'll pass the locked gate on the other end of it, if its locked now, i'll ask my brother if he noticed last time he went by, he lives in Catawba)

let me know of a saturday/sunday afternoon you want to go and i'll gas up the bronco and ride through and take some pics :thumbup you have to go through the creek a few times going in on the further end but its been down for years so the heep should not have any problems

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey if you guys do set something please post if you dont mind another joining. i had weekends wrong and according to boss this weekend is pretty clear but memorial isnt. have heard that trial isnt too bad as would like to possibly bring daughter as well. let me know and will see if cant get away to go along.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Yeah, Ive been on the fire trail from the gate to Broad Run store before, didnt think of going the back way in, but then you gotta turn around.

Ill give ya a shout if we can do something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts